George Harrison - The Photographer

Soulmate AU

i wanted to write this and you can't stop me:) if you like it and want me to write one for any others, let me know!

requests are open as isolation gives me time to write lmao

-

Exactly a year before one would meet their soulmate, a line of words would appear on their inner arm. Once they had met, it vanished. You were 22 years old when your words finally appeared, like an unplanned tattoo but with a lot more meaning. It spelled out the words "You've got to be kidding me." Not exactly the most hopeful phrase but there it was.

Large social gatherings were hotspots for soulmate meetings. So when you, an up and coming photographer for a music magazine, were sent to represent your brand at a party hosted by one Mick Jagger, you were cautiously curious. On one hand, you worried he might not like you. On the other hand, you couldn't exactly turn down a Jagger party. Yourself and a journalist from the magazine had gone, in hopes of finding an exciting story or at least just something that would convince their fans to become customers. You were always getting sent to these sorts of things but it just so happened to be today, the day you'd meet your soulmate. Which led you to wonder if you'd recognise him. Everyone knew that Jagger held these things for publicity. No one had spoken the words that danced across your arm yet.

"By the way, kid, if you see any of The Beatles make sure you ask for a photo first. We're already on thin ice since Clyde got in John Lennon's face last July." Your journalist partner had warned.

"Yeah, no worries."

The night seemed to go off without a hitch, people were now clearing out and it was much easier to hear without the music blaring. Some remained though. About 20. One of which was a man who was stood all by himself against a wall which shocked you considerable as he was the lead guitarist for the biggest band in the world.

"Hi, sorry to interrupt," His head shot up and he stared at you in shock. He frowned a little, as if deciding what to say. He almost looked nervous and was just staring. For a long time. Long enough that you decided to speak again. "I don't suppose I could get a quick photo, could I?"

"You've got to be kidding me."

Suddenly his reaction made sense and you shared the look on his face. You were shocked to say the least but the shock was soon replaced with dread. You didn't know whether to introduce yourself or smile or laugh it off.

"I- I'm sorry- I'm-"

"Paul!!" He shouted loud enough for everyone to look over at the two of you. His band mate jogged over to where you were standing.

"What's the pr-" George wordlessly yanked up his sleeve and revealed his wrist, then pointed to you sharply. 'Hi, sorry to interrupt.' The words were already fading on his arm and he looked livid. You were burning with his words of rejection. "Oh."

Paul gave you a once over. There wasn't anything more to it than just looking at who you were but you felt small nonetheless. He turned back to the younger man and shrugged. It was like he was saying 'you could do worse' and made you want to lie down and die to sad music like the Elephant Man. What was the problem then? If it wasn't appearance, what was he so upset about? Did he have someone he'd rather be with? And if so, was he hoping he'd just never meet you? You shouldn't speculate.

"I'm not having a fan for a soulmate. I already fucking said this. What did I say, ey? I knew it. 'Can I 'ave a photo?' It was always gonna be a fuckin' fan! You and Ringo can shove your 'open minded' crap. This is just my luck, this is." He ranted in his scouse accent, pulling his sleeve back down and shaking his head.