We'll Meet Again Some Sunny Day

Narrator's POV

Sir

"Can't you see I'm busy Jarvis?" Tony said, working on a boot for his suit at his work station in his underground garage.

Sparks flew here and there.

There's a visitor at the door.

"Pepper will get it."

I'm afraid she already has. She's coming to tell you that-

"Mr. Stark." Pepper popped her head in Tony's garage.

"I'm busy." Tony answered.

"But Mr. Stark." She said. "There's someone here asking for you."

"Who is it?" Tony asked, still working on. "Honestly, who comes to visit this late at night?" He asked himself, under his breath.

"Some Doctor that goes by the name Stephen Strange." She said.

Sparks stopped flying about.

Tony looked up, lifting his glasses. He looked down at the bracelet around his wrist, then at Pepper. "Who?"

"A doctor named Stephen Strange." Pepper repeated. "Would you like me t-"

"No, no." Tony said, putting his torch down. "I'll get right to i- Strange, you said?" He said, lifting his safety glasses on his head.

"Yes."

Tony walked out of the glass doors of the garage, walking up the stairs, taking his welding gloves off and throwing them somewhere.

///0///0

Quickly, Tony raced upstairs to the front door. He could see a figure stranding behind the door through the blurry glass.

Tony reached for the door, opening it.

A man. A tall man.

The man had his back to him, but turned around once he heard the door open.

Tony's heart raced once he saw who it was.

"Hello, Anthony." A familiar long lost smile greeted him.

"Hello?" Tony hesitated, taking a good look at the man at his doorway who Pepper declared to be Stephen.

"Been some time, hasn't it?" Stephen smiled kindly. "Twenty one odd years."

Tony didn't say anything as he kept trying to recognize this mysterious, tall, handsome man at his door.

"I see you've been working." Stephen said.

"Hm?" Tony snapped back to reality, looking at Stephen now.

Stephen cleared his throat and pointed at his head.

Tony put a hand to his head, feeling around. He felt something, his glasses. "Oh." Tony removed them his head and folded them. "Yeah, been down in the shop working on some stuff. I'm sorry, who are you?"

Stephen chuckled, shaking his head. "Some things never change. I suppose." He stretched his hand out for Tony to shake.

Tony looked down at his hand, inspecting it.

Scars

Trembling hands

Then he remembered:

Colorful bandaids

Starry Skies

Wizard