Oh, Shut Up

Narrator's POV

Stephen sat with his legs crossed on top of a round patterned carpet with his eyes closed, humming.

Tony's head rested on Stephen's legs with his eyes closed with the rest of him laid out on the carpet.

Stephen had the tips of his pointer and index fingers against Tony's temples. He opened his eyes and quit his humming. "Alright, you're good to go."

Tony slowly opened his eyes. "I feel like I've been asleep for years." He said. He slowly started to sit up, but fell back onto Stephen's legs. "wHoA."

Stephen laughed a little. "Are you alright, there?"

"Yeah." Tony said. "Just a little too relaxed I guess." He said.

"Well, at least we know it worked." Stephen said. "You'll be sleeping better tonight."

"Let's hope so." Tony said, sitting up without struggling this time.

Stephen smiled at him.

"Say, you wouldn't want to grab a bite to eat or a coffee would ya?" Tony asked.

"I'm not hungry." Stephen said.

"Me neither." Tony said.

Stephen shot him a confused look. "Then why would I want to go out for a bite if I wasn't hungry?" He asked.

Tony raised a brow at him.

"Oh." It finally clicked in Stephen's mind. "Um, I don't know. I have the Sanctum t-"

Suddenly the cloak came to Stephen's side and tapped his shoulder, pointing at itself.

"Looks like you've got that covered." Tony said.

The cloak nodded.

Stephen looked back at Tony, letting a small smile conquer his lips.

///0///0

"I did that?" Tony laughed.

"Yes." Stephen laughed along with him.

The two were out, enjoying the night life in New York City, holding a coffee to go from some cafe they had gone to.

"Then Thor started to do it too." Stephen said. "I remember you two had to go wash in the bathroom, leaving Bruce and me at the table all awkward."

"Awkward?" Tony asked.

"Yes. Everyone was staring at us as if asking "why were those two guys rubbing ice cream on themselves?" It was super embarrassing." Stephen said.

"Well, I was sunburnt." Tony said.

"Only because you refused to put sunscreen on." Stephen said.

"I was tan. I wasn't expecting to get burned, more like tanned." Tony said.

"That's still not how it works." Stephen smiled at him.

"Oh, leave me alone." Tony laughed, pushing Stephen a little. "I was young and stupid back then."

"Was?" Stephen asked.

"Shut up." Tony laughed.

Stephen shared a little laughter with him.

The two came down after a while, sharing a moment of silence as they enjoyed the lights of New York.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Tony asked.

"No, not really." Stephen said.

"What?" Tony looked at him.

"I prefer the starlight over fluorescent lights." Stephen said. "There's so much light pollution." He said, looking up at the few stars in the sky.

"I guess you're right." Tony said, sipping on his coffee. "Urgh..." He groaned. "My coffee is cold now." He watched Stephen Take a sip of his. "How can you be drinking cold coffee?"

"I'm not." Stephen said.

"I thought you ordered a coffee." Tony said.

"No. I don't take caffeine after eight. It's really unhealthy for you." He said. "I just asked for a water.

"Of course. Mr. Green over here." Tony said.

"Oh, shut up." Stephen smiled.

///0///0

"Then a lot of stuff happened. Natasha played me like a fiddle." Tony said. "I almost didn't recognize her with the secretary act she pulled." Tony said.

"She's really good at that." Stephen said.

The two were taking a walk in the park under the little moonlight available.

"Yeah." Tony agreed. "Everyone took a different path once you and I left the academy."

"Oh, really?" Stephen asked.

"Yeah. Bruce and I stayed in touch for a while, then we lost contact a long time ago, but then we got back in touch." Tony said.

"That's good to know." Stephen said. "I'd like to see him one day. How is he?"

"He's good, good." Tony said. "Still trying to get "Greenie" under control, but he's been doing pretty good."

"At least he's trying to better himself." Stephen said.

"Yeah." Tony said.

///0///0

"This has been a lovely evening." Stephen said as he approached the steps of the Sanctum. He opened the door.

"Sure has." Tony smiled at him.

Stephen smiled back at him. "I had fun. Thank you Tony." Stephen leaned forward and gave Tony's cheek a kiss.

"Hey, don't mention it." Tony said, blushing. He tried his best to avoid a smile from forming on his lips as butterflies exploded all over his stomach.

"Goodnight." Stephen said.

"Goodnight." Tony waved at him.

Stephen gave him a last smile before closing the door. "Hah..." He sighed on the other side of the door.

The cloak suddenly wrapped him up and lifted him in the air, spinning him.

"Hey, what's gotten into you?" Stephen asked.

The cloak only embraced him tightly, swaying around in happiness.

"Oh, no. That's not-" Stephen tried denying it, but the cloak shook him. "It wasn't-ah!" Stephen gasped when the cloak unwrapped itself from him. "Cloak!" Stephen called as he was falling to the ground.

The cloak didn't come.

"Okay! Okay! I admit it!" Stephen said. "I like him!" Trouble admitted, closing his eyes, bracing himself for the impact.

Nothing came.

Stephen opened his yes, finding himself inches away from the ground. He sighed in relief.

The cloak wrapped around him, squeezed him tightly and lovingly.

"Alright, alright... I get it." Stephen said. "Now would you put me down please?" He asked.

The cloak let go of him, letting Stephen land on the ground with a thud and a groan.

"Hah." Stephen got up and dusted himself. He looked at the cloak. "Now, you can't tell anyone."

///0///0

"Ngh!" Stephen sat up from his bed, gripping the sheets in his hands.

A big smile was plastered on his face.

"Cloak." He whispered.

The cloak floated by his side.

"I'm too excited to sleep." He said. "Can I tell you how today went?"

The cloak took a seat on Stephen's bedside.

"Alright, first we went to this cafe near by..." Stephen began to tell the cloak about his night out with Tony.