I Can't Forgive, But I'll Forget

Narrator's POV

Tony walked to one of the parks, sitting down on a bench, sighing. He watched people walk by through his dark shades.

"Anthony?" Someone called his name.

He looked up to see his most hated enemy.

Green

"Anthony." Timothy walked over to him. "How are you?" He asked, stretching his hand out for Tony to shake.

Tony didn't dare touch him. "Hey." He said bitterly.

"Oh." Timothy said. "I see." He took a seat next to Tony in the bench.

Tony scooted was from him. "Great, now the whole park's gonna have to be burned." He said under his breath.

"You taking a breather or something?" Timothy asked.

"Sure." Tony said, looking the opposite  direction.

"I'm out for lunch." Timothy said.

Tony looked at him, he didn't have anything with him.

Oh right, he's a plant.

"Hm." Tony said before looking away.

Timothy looked down at his shoes. "Listen, Anthony..." He said.

Tony still wasn't looking at him, but listened.

"I know you and I didn't start off very good."

"Ch. Got that right." Tony said.

Timothy looked at him. "And I know I went through that whole "you're my most hated enemy, and can't wait to watch you slowly crash and burn to ashes in front of your friends and family...."

Tony looked over at Timothy, who was getting a little excited.

"...phase, and I know I hurt Stephen." Timothy said, gathering himself. "But I promise you that that is all behind me. My days of revenge and greed are over." Timothy said. "Leaving my sister and family behind broke my heart, but Stephen made sure to help them out." Timothy chuckled lightly. "Even after Alina tried to kill him." He said. "He helped her out. Thanks to him I get to see her every weekend, and she has the brightest smile on her face."

Tony listened.

"We go out and work on her garden or just talk." Timothy said. "And how he helped Olive and Madeline while I was away on a business trip. He took good care of them. He made sure Madeline was happy and comfortable, even when he couldn't save her." He said, tears forming in his eyes with sadness and the slightest hint of anger.

Tony sighed, looking down at his shoes, feeling the tiniest bit of sympathy for the poor guy. He looked at Timothy. "Listen Tim, I'm sorry for your loss, I really am. You seem like you've really turned your life around, and I want to like you, I really do; but I can't forgive you for what you did. I mean, you tried to kill Stephen."

"I understand." He looked up at Tony. "I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for the pain that I caused both, you and Stephen. There's not a day I don't look back to that and feel shame and regret. That was really wrong of me." Timothy said, sniffling. "And even if you decide not to forgive me, I just want to let you know that I'll always be here to lend a hand whenever you need it."

"Tim-"

A alarm went off in Timothy's watch. "Well, looks like I've got to go back." He said, putting on a fake smile and standing up. "Have a good Anthony." He said before walking away.

Sir, his pulse accelerated when he mentioned the part where Dr. Strange couldn't save his daughter. Emotion detected: anger

Tony sighed. "I'd be mad too if someone who had the chance to save my daughter wasn't able to." He said. "Leave him alone. Delete the Green protocol." He stood up, looking toward Timothy. "Green!" He called.

Timothy looked back at him.

"I meant what I said. I can't forgive you for what you did..." Tony said. He removed his shades. "...but I will put all that behind us." He said.

"Oh, thank you." Timothy said. "Thank you."

Tony gave him a small nod before putting his shades back on and taking a seat back on the bench, watching people walk by again.

Timothy turned his back to Tony, a small smile forming on his lips before he gave a small skip. He took out his phone and dialed a number. "Hello, honey? You won't believe what happened today." He said. "Yes, spoke to me for longer than the seconds. I know! You know long that's been on my mind..."

///0///0

"Well, that was entertaining." Wong said, looking down at Stephen, who was on the floor.

"Yeah." He groaned. "Don't mind the broken rib."

"Well, now you'll have a memory to take back to New York with you from when you came to help your dear friend Wong." Wong said.

"Haha, yeah." Stephen groaned. "A painful one." He said, getting up. "Good seeing you, Wong. Glad I could be of service." He shook Wong's hand.

"You too." Wong said.

"I don't know how I'm gonna explain this to Tony." Stephen said.

"Oh, I have a message for Stark." Wong handed Stephen a piece of paper.

Stephen opened it and read it. "Oh, um...wow. Okay." He said, reading through it. "Aww, you care." Stephen looked up at him.

"You forget I helped the Ancient One raise you." Wong said. "It wasn't very fun raising and keeping an eye on a six year old Stephen, running around the temple, threatening to jump out of the window; claiming he could fly while he was on a sugar high." Wong shuttered.

"Oh, come on. You totally had it handled." Stephen said.

"I was fourteen." Wong said.

"The younger you start them, the better." Stephen said.

"Just get out of here, already." Wong said, opening a portal for Stephen.

They could see Tony walking around the house.

Stephen smiled. "Wow, he's so beautiful." He said.

Tony tripped over the carpet. "Ah-"

"Gorgeous." Stephen gasped. "Wow, he's just so precious."

"Really?" Wong asked.

Tony got up and tripped on the same carpet, knocking over a vase this time. "Fuck! Pepper's gonna kill me!" He said, trying to gather the glass.

"Such a beautiful disaster of a man~" Stephen said.

"I can't take anymore of this." Wong said, pushing Stephen into the portal.

Stephen fell through, and the portal behind him closed.

"Ah!" Tony gasped, with the glass in his hands.

"Hi, honey." Stephen smiled at Tony.

"Stephen!" Tony got up, dropping the glass and running over to Stephen, knocking him to the ground.

Stephen chuckled. "I missed you too." He held Tony close.