I'm Alive

Narrator's POV

Tony walked into the breakfast lounge, seeing Stephen sitting and reading at a table for two with an empty chair across him.

A smile plastered on Tony's lips when he laid eyes on Stephen. "Stephen, hello." Tony said as he walked up to Stephen.

"Good morning." Stephen said, not looking up from his book.

"How'd you sleep?" Tony asked.

"Good." Stephen said. "You?"

"Oh. I didn't." Tony said.

Stephen looked up his book. "You're gonna die from a lack of sleep." Stephen told him.

"Good." Tony said.

Stephen put his book down. "Do you want to die?"

"Why not? It's something I've never done." Tony said. "You know what they say: try new things everyday." He said, trying to be humorous.

"Yeah because dying and leaving your friends to mourn is cool." Stephen said.

"Well, when you say it like that..." Tony rolled his eyes.

"Mhm." Stephen went back to his book.

"Do you do anything else besides read?" Tony asked.

"No, not really?" Stephen said.

"Why don't you try something different?" Tony asked.

"Like what? Start a fight with a bunch of Little Tikes?" Stephen laughed.

"Look, they started it." Tony said.

"I don't care who started it, you should've walked away." Stephen said.

"Whatever. Point is we need to try something new." Tony said.

Stephen only kept reading.

"How about we play a game?" Tony asked.

"Sure." Stephen said, still reading.

Tony thought, a smirk forming on his lips. "Loser has to go out with the winner."

"I'm out." Stephen said, getting up from his seat and walking away.

"Wait Stephen." Tony tan after him. "Come on, learn to have a little fun."

"What do you call fun around here, other than trying to get someone in bed?" Stephen asked.

///0///0

Stephen and Tony came out of a building, coughing.

"You call that fun?" Stephen asked.

"Okay, okay." Tony coughed. "In my defense, the risk I took was very carefully calculated."

"WE ALMOST DIED." Stephen said.

"I never said I was good at math." Tony said.

"You didn't have to climb on top of the table and try to show off in front of the fire spitter either." Stephen said.

"He was showing off first." Tony said.

"Is your goal to get us kicked out of every place in Hawaii?" Stephen asked.

"I'm just trying to have a good time here." Tony said.

"Well your reckless behavior isn't going to let us in anywhere."

"How about there?" Tony asked pointing at a tiki bar that had a sign that read: reckless behavior welcomed

"Tony, it's obviously a joke." Stephen said.