Little Moments in Life

Narrator's POV

Stephen had just finished his last shift of the day.

"I'll see you next week Rebecca." He told one of the nurses behind the check in desk. He placed his laptop bag over his right should and across his body and had in hand his suit jacket.

"Bye Doctor Strange." She said

"Bye, Doctor."

"Later Doctor Strange."

"Goodbye Doctor."

All the nurses at the clinic were into him.

He gave them a smile and a wave before he left the office. He wasn't interested in any of them, he only had eyes for Tony. He was on his way home to see his beloved.

It was a hot day in New York as he made his way through the vast city.

He walked into a convenient store and went over to the slushee machine.

Yeah, he was a doctor and all, but hey. Doctors gotta have fun too sometimes.

After paying for his frozen treat, he went to one of the parks and sat down at a bench by himself. He watched as the city of New York moved, watching all the life in it. New York, yeah it was noisy and rowdy, but there was a sort of peacefulness to it.

There were a few kids playing soccer on the green grass. Other flying kites. There children in the sandpit, and others on the swing set.

It was just a perfect day in New York. He looked down at his watch.

1:24 pm

He got up and began to walk once clouds began to form in the sky, he made his way down the concrete path in the park, coming across a few children drawing chalk figures.

He looked down at the figures.

There were dinosaurs, flowers, rainbows, doodles here and there.

Stephen smiled down at them.

"Please don't step on our drawings Mister." Said a little girl, looking up at him.

"Oh, I wouldn't never step on such pieces of art." Stephen said.

"Thank you." The little girl smiled, a small droplet of water hitting her nose. She looked up at the sky. "Oh no. The rain is going to wash away our drawings." She said, looking at her and her friends drawings.

"Maddie, my dinosaur is going to get washed away." Said a little boy.

A little girl sighed. "Oh well. Come on guys." She said, defeated by the water.

"Hey." Stephen said.

They turned to him.

"The fun doesn't have to stop now." He said. He waved his hands around and made an invisible force above them, preventing any rain from ruining their drawings.

"Wow!" They all gasped and raced back to their drawings.

The smiles returning to their faces.

"Thank you Mister!" One of the little girls said.

"Because you were nice to us, you can jump on our hopscotch!" The little boy said pointing at their hopscotch.

"I would be honored." Stephen said.

        5      9
1 2 3  6 7   10
       4      8

The children clapped once Stephen had finished.

He bowed for them.

They clapped.

Stephen smiled and waved to them as he made his way home in the rain. He didn't care that he was getting wet, the rain always felt good on his face.

He had a huge smile spreading from cheek to cheek.

He came across a puddle on the side walk. He looked around for anyone who might watch.

There were a few eyes here and there, but not too many anyway.

Oh what the heck.

He jumped right into the puddle, splashing and splishing.

He stood out in the crowd of popping umbrellas in the sidewalk. He stopped at the crosswalk, waiting for his turn to walk.

Once the little light turned green, he only walked on the white lines, playing a little game by himself and hopped on the other side of the street.

He finally made it home, knocking on the door.

The door opened, revealing Tony. "Stephen." He said, looking at him up and down. "You're soaked. What happened-"

Stephen took him by the face and pulled him into a kiss.

Tony was totally taken by surprise, but gave into the kiss.

His boyfriend was in a good mood, and nothing felt better than a wonderful kiss on the lips from a happy man.

They pulled away.

"Dance with me." Stephen said, pulling Tony out into the rain.

Tony laughed as Stephen began to dance with him.

They looked like idiots out there, making a fool of themselves.

It was the little moments in life like these that mattered most.

Tony looked up at Stephen, watching the corners of his mouth point up even in this weather. Gosh, he loved this man so much.

///0///0

"Blue."

"Red. Red."

"Blue."

"No, that one was black."

"It's called navy blue."

Tony and Stephen sat at the doorway of the Sanctum bare feet, watching the rain outside as they enjoyed some Chinese take out, counting cars.

"Whatever." Stephen laughed. "Red."

Tony looked at Stephen. "You know, I've really missed this."

Stephen looked at him, raising a brow and slurping up some noddles. "What do you mean?"

"This." Tony said. "All these laughs, seeing you with a smile on your beautiful face, your eyes twinkling. The dancing." Tony said.

Stephen smiled. "What can I say? You make my heart happy. After what happened when we were forced apart, I was afraid to feel a little. I never wanted to play a second fiddle." He said, digging further into his food. "But that all changed when I met you, again. I don't need the spotlight, I just want to see you shine." Stephen said.

Tony smiled, this touched his heart.

"If you wanna love, I'll love you forever. If you wanna run, let's run together. I could never have imagined all the ways you make my heart beat. They say love's all you need, well you surely make it seem that way." Stephen said, looking up at Tony. "You make loving you fun, and for me, that's enough. You're enough." He leaned on Tony's shoulder. "With you, I have everything. I could never ask for anything else."

Tony let his head fall into Stephen's head, closing his eyes. "I love you, Wizard." 

"I love you too." Stephen said.

The two listened to the rain in peace.