WAIT, YOU HAVE A KID?!

Narrator's POV

"Tony, I've been reading articles in "Parents Daily" and it says you don't really need all that stuff." Stephen said, looking up from a magazine to Tony, who was covered in all sorts of baby equipment.

"Nonsense Stephen." Tony said. "Better safe than sorry."

"I mean, he's just staying for a few hours." Stephen said, looking over at Peter, who was asleep in a crib in the living room. "May said she'd be back before five."

"Yes, and a lot could happen in these eight hours." Tony said, taking a seat on the couch, watching the crib like a hawk.

Stephen joined him on the couch, crossing his legs and reading the magazine.

Tony looked over at him. "You know, this is easier than I-" He stopped talking when he heard Peter move around.

Stephen looked up from the magazine, eyes darting at Peter when the little one moaned in his sleep.

The two sat frozen on the couch, watching the baby.

Peter simply turned his little head over to the left.

Stephen and Tony sighed in relief.

"From now on, we whisper." Stephen whispered.

"Okay." Tony said.

"You were saying?" Stephen looked at Tony.

"I was gonna say that this was gonna be easier than I thought, but never mind." He said.

"A baby is a big responsibility." Stephen said. "But it's one I'm willing to take."

Tony looked at him. "Don't get too ahead of yourself now Stephen." Tony whispered. "Remember he's not ours."

Stephen looked at him, putting down the magazine and standing up.

"Stephen?"

Stephen didn't say a word before leaving the room.

"Stephen!" Tony whispered. "Stepheeeeeeen! Wait! Come baaaaaaack!" He whispered. "Stephen!"

Sir

"Whisper mode Jarvis." Tony said.

Sorry Sir, but I'm here to remind you that you should take Peter's temperature as you set a reminder

"That's right." Tony said. He took out a magazine. "The magazine says to do it every however many hours." Tony said, getting out a thermometer. He gently lifted one of Peter's arms up and placed the thermometer under it. He check it after a few minutes. "Uh...hey Stephen." He whispered.

Nothing responded to him.

"Right. He's probably still mad at me." He said. "Clint has kids." He took out his phone and dialed Clint's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Barton a kid's temperature isn't suppose to be over a hundred four, right?" Tony asked.

"No. It's a hundred two." Clint answered.

"Oh, okay. Thanks."

"Yeah." Clint said. "WAIT! You have a kid-"

Tony hung up, he looked back at the stairway. "I really need Stephen here." He said. "Jarvis."

Yes sir?

"Can you please call Stephen down? Tell him Peter has a fever." Tony said.

Yes sir

Fast footsteps made their way to the living area.