A Terrible, Horrible, Not Very Good, Bad Day

Note: If you guys could play "Nocturne en mi bémol majeur opus 9 n2: Balled en Sol Mineur No.2. " by Frédéric Chopin, Luis Fernando Pérez after the "ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ" because it goes really well with the shit that's about to go down. You can Okay the orchestra version or piano version. Either one sounds great with it. Anyway, carry on.
—————————————————

Narrator's POV

"Mm..." Stephen groaned as he tossed in bed. He could hear the birds chirping outside, and warm rays of sunshine hit his face, but he refused to open his eyes. He didn't want to get out of bed yet. He felt pressure on the side of the bed. "Captain." He said.

There was no yip or lazy growl.

"Good boy." Stephen sighed, trying to fall asleep again.

Suddenly he felt something soft caress his face.

He groaned. "Cloak." He said.

There was a light chuckle. "Wake up, sleepy head."

His voice

"Ah!" Stephen gasped and his eyes shot open, only to see Tony sitting on the side of the bed, smiling at him. Stephen looked at him, getting a good long look. "Tony?" He asked. "Is it really you?"

Tony smiled at him.

"What time is it?" Stephen asked.

"It almost ten o'clock." Tony answered him. leaning closer to him and kissing his forehead. "I have breakfast ready downstairs." He got up, still keeping his loving eyes on Stephen.

Stephen was so lost within him, a small smile forming on his lips.

Suddenly a hand came up from behind Tony, firing a shot.

"NO!" Stephen shouted, quickly sitting up. His heart raced, his chest rose and fell quickly.

Captain had suddenly become startled and looked at Stephen, giving a yip.

Stephen looked around the his room.

There was no one besides him.

"Hah..." He sighed, looking down at his hands.

They were shaking a lot more than usual, not from pain you see, but from fear.

"Ah..." He gasped, panting for air. "Hah..." He fell back in the bed, staring up at the ceiling, tears forming in his eyes.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

His breath began to hiccup on its own as he began sobbing, staring at the white ceiling above him.

///0///0

The Sanctum was very quiet.

There wasn't a single sound in the building, except for in the kitchen where the sound of sizzling originated from a pan, in which Stephen stood behind as he cooked some bacon.

He sniffled, wiping his robe's sleeve across his face, wiping the last tears from his red puffy eyes.

He grabbed two plates from one of the cabinets and placed food upon them, carrying them to the table, where Captain awaited for his breakfast. Stephen set a plate in front of Captain, then one across from the small dog for him. He took a seat across the table and began to pick at his food. "Hah..." He sighed and pushed his plate away.

Captain looked at him.

"I'm not hungry." Stephen told him.

Captain barked.

"Not now Captain." Stephen said, placing his hands up to his face taking in a deep breath.

Captain gave a low whine.