"Pink Flamingos" Sneak Peek

Narrator's POV

"This is the man you're looking for." Pierce handed his most important test subject a folder filled with files of a twenty two year old.

"What is the objective?"

"Kill him. Destroy him." Pierce said. "He's been in our way, ruining plans of ours."

"And your agents couldn't handle him?"

"Seems like they couldn't handle a single man." Pierce walked around his subject. "So I had to replace them, and just to make sure these new recruits won't come empty handed, I'm assigning you with them." He said. "If they are to return empty handed, you kill them. You hear me?"

The subject only looked at him.

"I know you won't fail me." Pierce said. "Now go. You have a mission to complete."

"Hail HYDRA." The subject said.

///0///0

"I just know tonight's a danger night."

"You better be right because if I had to wear this ridiculous costume for no reason, I'm going to beat your ass Matt."

"Calm down Barton." Matt laughed as he stood on top of a water tower, listening to Clint from a distance.

"If you're telling me-"

"Sh." Matt said. "Four men to your left, each armed with rifles. Three on your right, armed."

"Who isn't armed?" Clint asked.

"No one unfortunately." Matt laughed. "Oh, they brought someone else. This one's different."

"Just tell me when to run." Clint said.

"This one's around our age. Very highly trained. He's gonna be a tough one." Matt said.

"Now?"

"Wait."

"Matt, I can hear them around the corner." Clint said.

"Okay, now. Now, run!" Matt told Clint.

Fire arms and shots could be heard in the background.

"Dammit!" Clint yelped through the earpiece. "What are you gonna do?"

"I need to find the odd man." Matt said.

"You're gonna leave me to take these guys on my own?" Clint asked.

"Psh. You're Clint Barton. You can take it. I know you." Matt said as he took of into the night, hopping from roof to roof, looking for a different heartbeat.

"I've only known your for a day and half and still can't decide if I hate you or not." Clint said, firing an arrow behind him.

///0///0

"Matt! Goddamnit!" Clint yelled as he ran around the streets of Hell's Kitchen, not knowing someone was watching him through the scope of a riffle readying themselves to pull the trigger on him.

"Hah!" The one behind the scope threw a dagger behind him.

A dark shadow dodged the dagger.

The sniper cocked his ruffle and pointed to the shadow.

"So." Came Matt's. "You're the one who's come to kill me."

"Yes." The sniper said, pulling the trigger.

Matt leaped into the air and jumped around gracefully, dodging every bullet.

"Hah!" A stick knocked out the riffle out of the sniper's hand and off the roof of the building.