In Need of Some Loving

Narrator's POV

"Stephen. Stephen are you home?" Tony asked, as he knocked on the Sanctum's door.

It was already dark outside, and Tony was worried after Stephen had rushed off like that.

He heard footsteps coming from behind him.

It was Stephen.

"Oh." Tony smiled at him. "I thought you were inside."

Stephen looked up at him. His eyes were red and puffy, he didn't look good at all.

"Stephen?" Tony asked. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Stephen didn't say anything.

"Is everything okay? You took off pretty fast back at the air-"

"Hah..." Stephen sighed, falling forward into Tony's arms. His knees felt weak, he was so low.

"Stephen!" Tony gasped, catching him.

"I'm so tired." Stephen said, closing his eyes.

///0///0

"Hm..." Stephen groaned, feeling softness and warmth all over him. "Ah!" He gasped sitting up. He was in bed.

"It's okay. Calm down Stephen."

Stephen turned to his left, where the sound of Tony's voice came from.

Tony sat in a chair next to the bed.

How did he get here?

Wait a minute...

He looked around.

This wasn't his room.

This wasn't the Sanctum.

"Wha-where am-"

"You're in my room." Tony said.

"How did I get here?" Stephen asked. "What happened?"

"You fainted." Tony said. "I scanned you. Your oxygen levels were very low, you were somehow in a state of shock." Tony explained, crossing his legs and placing his hands on his dominant knee.

Stephen pinched the bridge between his eyebrows and sighed, putting both hands over his face soon.

"What happened last night, Stephen?" Tony asked.

"I..." Stephen sucked in a breath. He could feel tears already settling in his eyes. "She-" He gasped, taking his hands away from his face and looking down at them.

"Stephen." Tony placed a hand on Stephen's shoulder, leaning a little closer. "It's okay. I'm here."

Stephen looked up at him, tears ready to make their way out of his eyeballs. "I couldn't save her." He said.

Tony's expression fell saddened. "I'm so sorry."

"It was my fault." Stephen said.

"Stephen, no." Tony said softly. "It's not your-"

"I could've saved her." Stephen said. "But I didn't. I-If I would've come back earlier, I could've..." He looked out in front of him, a disturbed look plastered on his face as tears slid down his face. "Why didn't I... I should've..." He couldn't finish his thoughts as pain settled in every inch of him.

It was too painful, too fresh to talk about right now.

Stephen looked back at Tony. "I'm sorry." He sniffled. "Sorry you have to see me like this." He scoffed.

"No, no." Tony said. "It's fine. It's all...fine." He reassured. "I understand. I do."

"It's just that..." Stephen's breath quivered. "She was- Oh god." He gasped.