Lightning Strikes the Heart

Narrator's POV

"What are you doing?" Stephen asked Tony, who was digging in his luggage.

"I've got a surprise." Tony said, digging in his clothes.

Stephen raised a brow as he watched Tony dig through his clothes like a dog looking a bone.

"Haha!" Tony said, taking two pieces of paper out. "Gotcha."

"Got what?" Stephen asked.

"Tickets. Two tickets in fact." Tony said.

"Tickets for what?"

"A music festival." Tony said. "This week there's a music festival, and I wanted to take you." Tony said. "I've been to it a few times. It's very fun, and I just thought maybe you'd like to go. You know, experience something new."

"What happened to dying?" Stephen asked.

"You." Tony said.

"Hm?" Stephen looked up at him.

"Eucalyptus trees! I really like eucalyptus trees." Tony said. "Yup, they're very nice. I'm gonna take a quick shower."

"Okay." Stephen said, looking back at his book, a smile forming on his lips. "Eucalyptus." Stephen heard a familiar song playing in the radio while Tony was in there.

I'm singin' in the rain
Just singin' in the rain
What a glorious feeling
I'm happy again

Stephen smiled, humming to the tune. "I'm laughin' at clouds. So dark up above. The sun's in my heart, and I'm ready for love." Stephen sang.

///0///0

"How long does this festival go on for?" Stephen asked. "I don't want to stay out too late."

"Still not a night owl, huh?" Tony asked, pressing the lobby button in the elevator.

"And still wanting to be the button pusher, hm?" Stephen said.

"Touché." Tony said. "And it goes on all night, but we don't have to stay up all night if you don't want to."

"Well, maybe a little late, but not too late." Stephen said.

"Sounds like a plan." Tony said, letting Tony get off the elevator first. "After you."

"Thank you." Stephen stepped out and waited for Tony.

"Going to the festival?" Asked the man behind the front desk.

"You bet." Tony said. "He's never been." Tony referred to Stephen.

"Oh, it's a wonderful thing." The man said. "Something to truly experience while you're hear." He said.

"I'm counting on it." Stephen said.

"You two enjoy your date." Said the man.

Stephen's cheeks blushed red. "Um, oh...it's not a date. We're just-"