Chapter 43 - Hannah

This chapter is definitely not good enough for how long it took me to finally get it out, but I hope you like it anyway.

********

Wow. I couldn't believe that Jesse wanted me, too. What were the chances? I replayed the last thirty minutes over and over in my head. Kissing Jesse was unlike anything I'd ever experienced before. I felt it everywhere: my head, my heart, my body. I couldn't get enough. Being near him, touching him, felt so good. Ethan and Gabe had never made me feel the way I'd felt a little while ago.

It felt like forever before Jesse got back. When I heard his car pull into my driveway, I ran to the door and opened it. I didn't care if it made me look desperate, because I was definitely desperate to see him again.

He walked through the door and gave me a kiss that had me wanting more. He pulled away quickly, though, and smiling, said, "There's something I have to tell you."

"What is it?" I asked, frustrated that whatever he had to say was important enough to interfere with our mini reunion.

He started laughing. "I went back to tell Rachel. I got to the room and opened the door," he said.

"How did she take it?" I asked, interrupting.

He held a finger up. "Just wait, you're going to be interested in this next part," he explained.

"Okay," I said, looking at him suspiciously.

"Rachel was having sex!" he shouted, laughing a little.

I couldn't help but laugh. He was entertaining himself. He was so cute when he laughed.

"Why is that so funny?" I asked.

"Guess who the guy was?" he asked, his face reddening as he tried to stifle his laughter.

"Who?" I asked, curious now.

"Jonah! Your brother!" he said as he chuckled some more.

What?

"I knew he had a little crush on her, but I'd have never guessed she'd return his feelings. I thought she was completely into you," I stated.

"Well, it didn't look like she missed me.  They were really going at it. I didn't even let on I was there. I just left. I'll call her later. At least I know she has something to keep her mind off of me leaving her," he said.

"Ew," I said, trying to keep the mental imagery from manifesting in my mind.

"I know!" he said. "They were grunting and groaning, making the bed shake. She was, like, screaming, 'Jonah, I'm coming!' I didn't want to interrupt."

"Jesse," I said, trying not to hurl.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"I don't want to hear anymore," I said.

"Sorry," he said. "It was just so weird."

"I bet," I said.

"She seemed pretty happy," he said.

"Well, I guess, in that situation, who wouldn't seem happy?" I asked.

Jesse shrugged.  "I guess you're right."

"Do you feel cheated?" I asked.

"Cheated by what?" he questioned.

"Because you were supposed to have sex tonight and I'm messing that up," I explained.

Jesse walked over to me and put his hands on either side of my face, so that I was looking straight at him.

"Hannah Drake, you must be insane to be asking me that.  If no sex tonight means sex someday soon with you, then I'm not that worried.  I still can't believe that you even let me kiss you," he said, his eyes flitting to my lips.