Chapter 2 Blinded

I wear a long sleeve short dress, with some tights and flats, I wore a tiny bit of makeup, and some flats, I brushed my hair and kept it down.
"You look beautiful, baby." William came behind me, wrapping his arms around me, hugging me from behind, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the restroom.

"Thanks, William. You look wonderful, too." I kiss him on the cheek.
"Uh, here, drink this. I made it earlier, I think you might like it." He handed me a cup, "I love you."

I smile at him and take a few sips, enjoying the taste, it tasted sweet and felt warm.
He wraps an arm around me, giving me a reassuring smile, making me a bit confused...
Until I began to feel dizzy and lightheaded.

"William.." I lost my footing, feeling his arms quickly wrapped around me, as he talks.
"This is for your protection, doll."

Everything when black, and it stayed black.

~~~~~~

When I woke up it didn't seem like I had opened my eyes at all, it was still black... I moved my head without realizing before my nose lightly tapped someone's chin.

"Hey, baby..." William's voice...
"What are you doing..." I felt weak, but I was able to reach my eyes, I felt a piece of fabric over them.

"Don't take that off." He sounded strict, but I didn't listen. I began to grab the fabric, I felt him roughly grab my wrist, pulling it away.
"Hey..!" I raise my voice, not realizing how loud I was.

"Jesus, I wasn't going to ask, but who the hell is she? And why are you bringing her to the safe house? Brother, I swear if she's just a whore and you-"
"Leo shut the hell up, she's my fiancée."
"What!? You were dating someone and you never told us? William, how long have you been with her?"

"We've been together for *4 years, almost 5.* William, w-why do I need to be blindfolded?"
"5 years!? Holy shit.."
"You can't see where we're going.."

"So, she's joining the family..?"
"Hopefully.."

I feel his grip around me tighten, making me feel a bit confused by what they mean.

~~~~~

When the car stopped, I still wasn't able to see, I was helped out of the car by William, and kept close, I could hear several voices, but not see any faces...
"Sir Garcia, we have the assholes in captivity, some other guards are trying to get some answers out of them"

"William! Do you need to take care of those trespassers before making a trade with the other group?" Someone else walks beside William.

More and more voices continued to speak, making me feel a bit overwhelmed, and crowded, even if I couldn't see their faces.
I got closer to William and tried to hide my face, he had his hand intertwined with mine this whole time, as if when he'd let go he'd lose me.

I suppose he noticed how I was acting, since he hugged me with one arm, pulling me into his chest and rubbing my back, trying to comfort me.
"All of you, just shut up! I need to deal with something else more important than that. The trespassers can wait in their anxiety, and the other group can wait for a few minutes."

They go quiet, mostly, at least.

"William, who's the girl?"
I feel him pick me up, holding me bridal style, and keeping me close. "She's my fiancée."

The voices kick back up until I hear only two other voices while feeling the coolness of air against my skin and the sound of swift footsteps
"She's your fiancée? You never told us about her."
"I know right? My brother can be such an ass sometimes! Love him, but holy shit."
"Why haven't you introduced us yet?"