Chapter 3 Business

The warmth of out bodies, first his kisses, on my lips, on my cheeks, jaw, and neck.
He then pulled me onto his lap, making me look him eye to eye, "Can you please tell me what's happening?" I look at him, close to touching his nose with mine.

He sighs and gives me another kiss.
"I will, but I need you to keep quiet, and promise to me that you won't say a word to your friends or family. You understand, Elisa?" He held onto my hands, looking me into the eyes.

I nod, holding onto his hands too, feeling confused.
He sighs, closing his eyes for a second before looking back at me. "I.. First of all, this place we are in is a safe house for my Mafia, and, I run this Hell."

"What? You're joking with me, right?" I pulled away from him, feeling a bit confused and doubtful.
He shakes his head, looking back at me with a serious expression.
"No, wait.. You? H-how long have you been-" I began to tear up, overwhelmed with confusion and anger.
How could he of kept this a secret for long?

He rests a hand on my side, and his other on my cheek, rubbing away tears, "I've lead for 8 years, technically." "What? Why?!" I cried a bit more, slightly pushing onto him, without realizing.
"Elisa, I didn't really have a choice. I was born into a family of thugs, and became one."
"W-what do you do?" I sniffle and sobbed without realizing, all while looking at him, in disbelief.

"I can't tell you that, sweetheart." He speaks to me in a calm manner, but it sounds like an act.
"Then why the fuck are you telling me everything else!?" I push him, trying to get off of him too. He makes sure I can't get up.

"You're marrying me, aren't you?" He looks at he with a pain in his eyes, his arms wrapped around me tightly, but not rough. "Or do you hate me that much, to leave me, just because I was born into this lifestyle?"
"Just….. Why me?" I look back at him, beginning to feel a bit guilty, resting my hands on hos shoulders. I don't understand why I feel guilty, it's just, after a few years of loving someone, it's hard to change your feelings.. Even if it'd be best to try to leave them.

It's the exact same thing with abusive relationships.

"What do you mean?"
"You could've gotten someone better than me, someone who isn't inexperienced with the mafia."
"But you're the exact woman I wanted. You're healthy, sweet, fucking beautiful.." He nuzzles the curve of his nose under the crook of my jaw.

"What are you implying with this marriage and your mafia?" I pull away and look at him.
"I want you to join us, or at least be with me, for most of the time." He looks at me, a glint in his eyes.
"What if I say no?"

"We can't have that happen, love."
"Tell me what'll happen."
"You wont be hurt, but I'll keep you captive until you join." Now he grips onto me, making it hard for me to leave, as he looks me in the eyes, serious.
"And what if I still say no?"
"You'll be in there till the day I die, I might give you to one of the boys, maybe move on.."

He didn't sugarcoat his words, he was blunt and ice cold about what he would do.

I began to tear up, pushing him away and looking around, without thinking. I panicked, I never made a decision that would change my life forever..

It's either become a person who rules a company that does god knows what
Or be ruled by the ruler of that company, and loose the trust and love of your lover.

He pulled me into his chest forcefully, bringing me into a tight hug.
    "Listen to me, Elisa. I need you to think straight, now." He talks to me in a strict tone, holding onto my shoulders and looking me in the eyes.

*********

She seemed like a wreck, confused and in tears. I never was great with consoling people, especially women.
    They always seem to change their emotions, easily.