Chapter 29 California Life

Its been a few weeks since Connors gone, "Missing" he left in the middle of the night. While everyone was celebrating Elisas return and her pregnancy, me and Connor met up. He was going to California. He told William and his brothers that he was going go New York to spend some time with someone he met.
But instead he made himself go missing. Drove off to Sacramento. I've kept connection with him and I've heard he's been getting help for his trauma.

Recently I've found someone for my loneliness. His name is Iligah. He's sweet but always so busy.. Whenever he comes over to my place, I make him one of my finest drinks.
I've also heard that May and her boyfriend are now living together and planning on staying that way for a while.

Elisas also been getting upset with William, especially with him leaving her alone during the day, and barely even calling her or texting.
"You'd think a guy like him would at least kiss me goodbye.. Especially after he finally has me back!"

"Yea." I listen to her as she leans against the counter, letting me clean some shot glasses and dishes.
"Anyways, how are you and Ilijah doing?" Currently, we were standing in the kitchen of my house.

"Fine. I'm in the same situation you are, a busy boyfriend.. Well in your case a busy Fiancé…"
She nods and then thinks of something, sitting up. "What if I become Connors replacement? Williams advisory person or whatever."

"Consiglier?"
"Yea. I don't see why I couldn't."

"Well, William doesnt want you to get into a gunfight. He'd loose the love of his life and his two unborn children.. Plus he would be looked down upon his he did let you. Hell, just letting you be part of the fucking Mafia is making some of his allies judge him."
"Why?"
"They aren't used to it, hun.. Tradition is tradition."

"Well hasn't there been a female Don before?"
"Several. Some mainly being cartel, but yea."

A few minutes pass before she brings up a different topic. "Did you hear Leo got a girlfriend?"
"Is she a dunce?"

"Kind of. She might've dropped out of Highschool from what I heard. She knows the basics like America has different presidents, one plus one is two.. So on."
"Oh my god. What does she look like?"

"Light brown hair, thin, short.. She's fucking beautiful.. But oh my god he introduced me to her and her clothes barely covered her body."
"Ah, so she's one of the showey types."

"Yep. Anyways, I got to get back to the house, William wants to get married as soon as possible, but before anything I have to get a new dress... Since mine isn't fit for pregnancy."
"Alright, good luck sweets."

She smiles and leaves

*********

"Well, it's obvious you suffer from PTSD.. Do you hoard food in your house… room?"
"Uh, well, sometimes.."

My name is Connor Lee. I sure my hair brown, used some of my money to get a different hair cut, I wear make up and eye contacts even to change my face without getting a nose job or some shit like that.
I got new credit cards, made a new backstory other than what trauma has been done to me..

"Connor? Did you hear me?"
"Wha? O-oh no, I didn't.. Sorry."

Her name was Julia.
"With how bad this woman has been to you, you can always confront her. Even if she is.. Dead. Ive had patients go to their abusers graves, or just abusers.. and spew out all of their anger.. Venting about your fears and what happened to you because of the trauma has helped so many of my patients."

I nod, tearing up a bit, grabbing a tissue or two.
"Anything else you can tell me?"

*********

"Here's your selection, madame." Lewis bows playfully, causing me to giggle.
I was sitting on the bed, and during this whole thing with William being gone.. Lewis has been my best friend.

He brings in a selection of dresses, ball gowns that shouldn't feel tight on my stomach, there's multiple.. Ball gowns, dresses that stretch and show my stomach much more prominently.. Even mermaid dresses.
After trying out a few, I choose a beautiful Ball gown, with vinery woven on and a veil to go along with it.

"Wonderful choice." Lewis takes the dress, and puts it in the closet. "Did you know Men put on weight when their woman gets pregnant? So William might get that good Italian Don Belly going."
"Ah fuck, I'm going to have to take him to the gym, then." I get up, walking over to Lewis.

Even if he was just a butler of sorts to William, he still felt like someone I should've given respect to.
"Thank you for being such a help, Lewis... Would you like to come to our wedding?"

"Oh, I'd love to, but I don't think William thinks I should-"
"Oh shut up. You could help, being an usher and running around, seating people.."

"I-I can talk to Will-"
The doorbell rings, in which he quickly dismisses himself and goes to answer the door. Soon enough I see Judith and Lillith Enter the room.

"Elisa!" Lillith walks over to me, hugging me the best she can, "goodness, I heard from William that you were.. rushing to figure everything out, and so me and Judith thought it'd be nice to try to help you.."
"Yea.. Your own mother should be helping you but we guessed you wouldn't want to see her for a while.."

"Judith, lets not talk about that so early.. "
"No, its alright.. She shouldn't of really taken me.."

The two nod, before continuing on with what they were saying, and before I know it, they bombard me with information about what to do for the wedding.
Flowers.. What dress I should wear, how our vows should be.. Who gets to come, who doesn't.. And so on.

I listen to them, but after they are done talking I really dont remember anything at all.
"So, what do you want to do?" Lillith looks at me

******

I kept myself busy working, talking to other leaders and making sure everything else is in check.
When I got finished with that, I leaned back in my chair, waiting for something else to happen. A gun to shoot, a goon to burst into this office… and then I thought of Connor.

He just left. Dissapeared quickly. He didn't keep contact with me or Leo, and he left all of us, and went missing.
This gets me thinking, what group took him? What reason would he have for running away? Did he run away? Maybe he's just staying in new York for an extended time…

I won't let this wedding happen without Connor.. He is my youngest brother, whether adopted or not, he shouldn't die so soon.
I bring in some of my members and order them to search New York, "I want you to find Connor. If you find him, watch him and see where he goes. If you don't find him, report back to me. If Connor is in a life or death situation, contact me immediately."

I send them off and sit back down, starting to think about Elisa instead.. I wish she could've been here to talk to, but I need to keep her especially safe.
But, I'll make sure to see her tonight, and help with my portion of the wedding.. I can't wait to see her in a wedding dress.. Holding a bouquet of flowers… I can't wait.