Chapter 17 Ex Oh Ex Oh

On our way to the meeting, Elisa and I started up a conversation.
"When will we get married again?" She looks at herself in the sunvisor mirror and then looks at me, putting it back up.

Without looking at her, I give her an answer.
"Soon, hopefully. It could take time though."
"Well, it's not like you don't have enough money, am I wrong?"

I sigh, moving the car into the lane I need it to be, "It's not that, but the matter of having few of my allies and family knowing about you. At the meeting I'm planning on inviting some of said allies and figuring out a day that would be good for the people coming."
She sighs and grabs my arm lightly, light enough to let me be able to drive.

"I'm so lucky to have you, Elisa."
She rubs against me, giving out a short and pleased hum, "how so?"

"You're the type of gal I've always wanted. Beautiful and sexy as hell, but smart enough to keep her mouth shut and stay trustworthy."
She giggles a bit, "Yea because you made me shut it."

"Oh that was nothing. I knew if I said 'marry me or leave' you'd pick option B, especially when you were in that situation, and I didn't want that to happen."
"Why? You'll probably find others that are better than me."

"Well I did, a while ago.. We were teenagers-"
"First of all, I didn't want you to agree with me, and second of all, I want to know why the Hell you two aren't still together."

I let out a sigh and lower my eyes somewhat, "She died."
She sinks back in her seat, "oh. What happened?"

Hell, it's a depressing story.
"You really want to know?" Out of the corner of my eye I see her nod, and so I continue

"Well," As I tell her I remember the events so vividly.
I was still in Highschool, and living in Italy at the time, even. Back then I looked Hotter than any flame, and I was more charming than any charm on a bracelet.

I had met many women that were beautiful, but this one was a fucking angel, a transfer student from Sweden.
Thin and curvy, beautiful eyes, short blonde hair, amazing fashion sense, graceful, since the moment I saw her, she had me around her finger.

Since I was brave enough, I decided to ask her out even after knowing her for maybe a few days, and she said sure.
She was kind, helping me with homework if I didn't understand and offering me affection when I needed it.

The day she died, it was during a weekend. I invited her over to hangout for the weekend, let her rest with me, study with me, "Don't close the door, you two." Mama would always say, teasing us when she could.
It was going well until we heard some shots get fired, I immediately run to the door and close it, and then taking her hand, I hide under the bed with her, grabbing a pistol that my father was training me with.

We hear a gunfight out there, and she starts to cry a bit, freaking out and trembling more. I hold her in a hug, and load the pistol behind her back and quickly covers her mouth, hearing the door get barged open, I signal her to stay quiet.
She understands and breathes in quietly, I squeeze both of us together, silently cocking the pistol, out of nowhere, a shot gets fired again, narrowly missing me, but hitting her, causing her to let out a cry, and looking at the wound caused her to freak out more, almost scream.

I peak under the cover to see the attacker, holding a different gum that I could not recognize. Without thinking, I shot at him, and missed.
It was a stupid move, because the next thing that happens is I loose my fucking hearing for a second, not understanding what's happening.

She let out a blood-curdling scream, being shot right in the chest, causing blood to gush out like crazy.
I immediately get out from under there and shoot the attacker in the leg. He drops his gun and I immediately take it. Next thing I do is get up and start to bat him around with my fists, knocking him out for a good second. I kick him out and barricade my door.

I take her out from underneath the bed, her short white dress now stained with blood.
I lay her down and hold her, "Stay awake, Emelia. Don't close your eyes." I told her, trying to take out the bullets like my dad taught me again, hearing her cry and whine louder made me feel horrible.

I was able to get the bullets out, and comfort her, doing things to keep her awake and lightly rocking her, holding her in my arms to my chest.
She didn't make it long, I felt her go limp in my arms, losing all life she had, leaving me in disbelief and trying to wake her, and when I realized what had happened I begin to sob more than I was, and I lay her down in the bed.

I take my gun and move the crap barricading the doors, letting Hell reign loose on the intruders, pained about her death, and pissed at the fact that they believed they could just come in and harm our family.
I proved them wrong and made them pay.

I hear her sigh from beside me, her knees up to her chest now, "Was she the only other one you cared for?"
"There was another gal, looked similar to you but black hair and amber eyes.. She was smart and had quite the attitude, she went out with me, but apparently she didn't love me back as I thought she did."

"Did she cheat on you?" She sits up, crossing her legs now.
"No, she came up to me one day and just told me she didn't love me, and that she had a crush, but didn't want me to be lonely." I focus on the road, seeing the safe house of the Mexican Mafia.

"That's kind of sucky.. I'm guessing there were other hoes who either played you or used you or, cheated on you maybe.."
I let out a chuckle and nod, "there were definitely some 'hoes', literally and figuratively."

"Literally?"
I look at her quickly, "May, Hera, Sierra…"
"Ah, yea.." She giggles a bit.

------------

Short chapters out the wazoo!
God I'm sorry my dudes for taking a minute. I've found short chapters are easier to write when you have a tight schedule.

I'm sorry a break is coming soon and I'm hoping to write more soon enough! If anything is wrong I'm sorry I'm still learning. Lmao

Have a good day, and a good spooky month.