Chapter 7 Emotions

I deserved it.
I and Elisa had an argument, it felt more like her scolding me, it was my fault, though.

She asked me how long I've had them, and I answered truthfully, I explained I didn't do anything with them after I met her, and that I eventually stopped seeing them, always planning to tell them I don't need them anymore, but kept getting busy.

In the end, we got in a heated argument, she slapped me, I held her in place and yelled back at her, making her cry.

I understood she had the right to get angry at me, especially for keeping her unknown and keeping secrets from her for all those years, but I was not going to let her get physical with me.
Not when we're in such a heated argument.

I know enough to know arguments like that can turn to actual fights if hitting or any physical pain is involved. So I needed to stop her in her tracks before either of us did something irrational.
I do feel bad, and luckily Connor did tell them, or else they'd probably be in rage.. More so than now.

~~~~

It's been an hour in the car, the trip in total is three hours, Connor is playing some music, Leo is playing on his phone, and Elisa is up, but not acting very awake. Staring out the window, watching the world go by so quickly.
Without thinking I unbuckle myself and move a seat over, buckling myself again, and staying quiet.

"Hey.." I speak quietly, only loud enough for Elisa to hear me. I wrap one of my arms around her and grab her hand with my own.
She didn't look at me, even with what I was doing. "Could you please, give me some of your attention, Sweetheart?" I move my hand, rubbing her cheek on the other side of her head, and slightly move her head until she finally gives in and looks at me.

"What do you want…?" She looks at me, still looking a bit hurt. She doesn't seem to care how close I am.
"I wanted to say sorry, sorry for keeping so many things from you."

She scoffs quietly, "You should be.."
"You're right." I agree with her, and she gets a bit confused, not expecting me to react like that.

"I thought that if I kept you unknowing, it'd be better for you. For your health and emotional health.. But I got a bit carried away, and I understand if you don't trust me.." I look away from her and feel myself get a bit heavy hearted.. "I just hope you still love me."
She leans into my chest, rubbing up against me before giving me a kiss, and a smile. "I still do.. It'll take a lot more than that for me to hate you…"

*******

I trust him and May when they said he never did anything with them when he met me, and I trust him when he says he's sorry, and I trust May when she said I was the one he Wanted..

If he left five girls for one, it's kind of hard not to think that… Besides, he's never hit me or cheated on me; sexually. He has also helped me, too.
I know, it's probably a bad idea, but I've trusted William ever since the day he proposed to me. He promised to keep me safe and promised to provide for me, too.

And now, he's promised me even more..

It's all too much to take in, honestly. Others might tell me that he'll hurt me in the future, but currently, I don't care.
I don't have anyone to trust but him. My parents are gone, I don't even know what my siblings or friends are doing, or where they live, for that matter.

So the only few people I can trust is William, Connor, and Leo.. I'll have to trust them...

~~~~~~

We eventually get there, many others are with us, looking all dressed up and beautiful.
Once William steps out and helps me out of the car, I feel many people gaze upon us, watching our every move with curiosity.

"William, why are so many people staring at us?"
Connor instead answers my question, "William hasn't brought a girl along at all, he didn't want to bring you since you didn't know about his actual work, and he didn't bring one of the other girls since he was with you at the time."

"That still doesn't make sense.."
"Well, that and he's never seemed to be the type to bring a woman along to these events."

"William, welcome! Welcome. It's nice to see you finally arrive with a date, a pretty one, too." The man who stood in front of us looked like an older gentleman. He held his hand out to me.
"My name is Alexander Kozlov, pleasure meeting you." I shook his hand and introduced myself.
"My name is Elisa Thompson, soon to be Garcia." I gave him a smile.

"'Soon to be Garcia'? William, you never told me you were getting married..!"
William chuckles a bit, holding me close to his side. "Yep! Don't feel left out, Kozlov, I haven't told much about her."

"Well, do your parents know?" He walks with us, taking us to the bar.
"Uh, no, not yet. I'm actually a bit nervous about how they'd react to her, I know they'd probably be a bit angry to find out I haven't told them even with how long we've been together."

"Well, yea, I'd probably be a bit upset too."
"Why haven't you introduced me to your parents, William?" We get to the bar and I take a seat, reaching eye contact with him.
"You'll understand why when I do introduce you."

I look at him, curious.
He waves it off and stays standing beside me, but helps Kozlov onto one of the bar stools. He orders all of us some drinks, paying for them and beginning to talk to Kozlov.

Without meaning to, I learn Kozlov is the leader of a Russian Mafia; who would've guess?
"How do you think everyone will react to your son taking your place? You're a well respected man, Kozlov, and to hear you retire after all this time is somewhat disappointing."

"Haha, well, I've worked myself to the limit I can.. I used to be full of so much energy, now I just get tired if I try to get out of bed. As for my son, he's twenty, I'm forty-nine, all I'll be doing as of now is let him lead, but be around to guide him correctly."
"I understand, but won't you worry for him, too?"

"Of course. I definitely won't miss this lifestyle, not when it caused so much death and took away so much time I could've spent with my wife."
"Yes, I know what you mean. I could spend much time with Elisa, if I weren't so busy all of the time."

"When are you guys getting married, anyways?"
"We haven't actually thought of that yet, probably sometime soon, though."

I agree with William, feeling my face go a bit red.
"Yea, lets just hope nothing gets in the way, right?"
I make the other two laugh, which makes me feel a bit better. I guess I do have a charm..