Chapter 9 Ruby

Well, my story is, I've always been good at mixing drinks and boosting morale.
I was working for minimum wage in a dumb bar even if I made the best drinks out of any of my coworkers.

I know how to make a drink that can get you hammered, or a drink that can keep you sober enough to drive.
I'm one of William's buddies. He hired me after noticing how much enjoyment he got out of my drinks and jokes.

I'm actually Russian, along with a bit of German. I'm skilled in using knives, in fact I've made a few just for fun.
I'm good at using a gun too, but I prefer being able to know if you killed your target in one hit rather than just taking a shot from a distance.

I always talk to Connor if I get the chance to, he's always nice to talk to. Connor is kind and more considerate than any other criminal I've met.
Funny enough, he reminds me of a guy I had a crush on in my school years.

And I suppose you could say I did like him, a lot of women do, it's kind of the norm.
But they usually fell for his looks and the act he puts on, acting all big and tough and looking amazing in the process.

It's not him, he acts as if he doesn't really care, he acts as if he isn't interested in anyone.
Why do I care so much, though?

"Alright, everyone! Bar is closing, so get out all ye drunken bastards!" I grab everyones attention and get them to laugh on their way out.
Everyone pours out of the bar room, ending pool games, finishing their drinks.

I've gotten a few tips tonight, even. I lock the door and take off my bra, walking into my room which is connected to the giant area we all call the bar.
On my door is an "Employees only" sign. I put tape under Employee and wrote "/Boss".

Even if William would technically be the boss, I'd consider myself the boss in this bar, unless William comes in.
I strip and put on more comfortable underwear and a sweater over my body. I go back into the bar and grab a rag, getting it wet and wiping down any tabletops or countertops.

I texted Connor before I kicked everyone out, and didn't think of waiting for a text back before doing all of this, so when Connor starts calling me its a reminder of what I did.
"Ah shit, right." I quickly run into my room and grab my phone, looking at the caller I.D. and answering.

"What's up, bitch?" I put him on speaker and walk back into the bar, cleaning while he talks to me.
"Hey, Ruby. Would you like me to come over as soon as we get back?"

"Well, duh. I told you I had a shit day, you know that means I need some certain person to come help."
"Well, once we get back, I'll stop by and help you as much as I can, alright? What happened?"

"Well, do you want the truth?" I grab dishes scattered around the bar room.
"You can tell me anything. I've probably heard worse." He chuckles, sounding calm.

"Heh, I started my period, and so far it's been fucking killing me." I make myself sound sarcastically happy.
"Oh, joy. What else happened?"
"Well, I've also been feeling nauseous all day, along with a migraine making me feel worse."

"And I bet all of the yelling and laughing didn help, either, Huh?" He sighs, listening to me.
"Yea, I've been taking medicine, but it hasn't been helping, in all honesty."

"Yea, I can help you once I get there, okay?"
"Mhm. Hey I got to get off, finish cleaning up the bar. Talk to you later."
"Alright, see you then."

~~~~~~

An hour and thirty minutes have passed, everything is cleaned except for dishes I am still working on.
My sweater was surprisingly not wet, and no puddles of water on the ground.

Vacuuming the floor was a bitch to do, and it still hurts to just clean like this. The lights were dim, but they still hurt.
"Hey! I'm here, finally." Connor came in, holding some keys, dressed with a tank-top on and some sweatpants, wearing socks.

"Hey, Connor." I manage to speak without a yawn getting in my way.
"Would've been nice to see you fully dressed" he walks over and stands beside me. "Would you like me to finish these for you?"

I nod, pulling my hands out of the water, drying them off and giving Connor a hug, feeling pained still.
"Oh, poor Ruby… come on, let's make you feel anything but sadness, anger, or in pain." He chuckles lightly, and picks me up, not caring if I have my legs wrapped around his waist and my arms wrapped around him. And I don't care how he holds me.

"Have you had dinner yet?" He sets me down on a couch in front of one of four TV's on the wall.
"I haven't even had Lunch yet." I mumble, cuddling with the blanket Connor sets over me, and rubbing my head deep into the pillow he sets under my head.

"Ruby..!" He sits down on the floor infront of me.
"What? It's hard to take a break when you're the only other employee. Don't worry, I've been eating snacks and-"
"Those are snacks, Ruby. No wonder you've been feeling nauseous. I'll talk to William, see if he can find another bartender to help you."

I look at him and give him a small smile. "Thanks, Connor."
"No problem." He stands up and lightly rubs my head, heading over to the bar and doing the dishes for me, and having no problem with the dishwasher.

He knows exactly how I like to do my dishes, double clean, cause someone will always complain.

~~~~~~~

"Alright. They're all done." He walks over and sits on the edge of the couch, in front of my stomach.
I sit up and wrap my arms around him from the side, resting my chin on his shoulder and looking at him a bit. He looked bothered. "Is there something on your mind, Connor?"

I lightly rub my nose up against his cheek.
"Well, yea, kind of." He turns his head and looks at me, both of our noses touch, because of how close we were.

We both back away from each other, I pull my knees up to my chest to let him sit back and relax.
"What is it, Connor?" I looked at him as he sat back and began to talk to me.

"I don't know what I am. Straight, bi, gay, it's confusing." He sighs, running his hand through his hair, and then looking at me.
I lean over to him and rest my head on his shoulder continuing to look at him, and finally confessing something I've been meaning to say.

"Well, I for one hope you're bi.." I sit up and look at him with a calming smile.
"Wh-What do you mean?"
"You know what I mean, Connor.."
"Well, have you been interested in me..?"
"Yea. For a while now."

He looked at me for a few seconds before looking away, seemingly embarrassed, "s-sorry, I don't know what to do, I.."
I climb onto his lap and run my hand up to his cheek, looking at him with a somewhat playful grin.
"You could try out being with me for a while, maybe?" I move my hand onto his chest, and I lightly push him back on the couch.

"I suppose we could try.." He grabs my waist, looking at me with contempt.
I suddenly feel a stabbing pain in my stomach, and a wave of nausea runs through me. I quickly get up and run off to my restroom, dry heaving and eventually getting sick, feeling hunger hitting me like a brick.

"You done?" Connor is standing in the doorway, holding a wet rag.
I look at him and feel sick again, he walks over and pulls my hair back, letting me get sick again and making sure I don't get dirty.

Once I finish getting sick, Connor wipes my mouth with the rag and makes me brush my teeth while he goes to make something quick for me.
I listen to him, making sure I get everywhere, I finish brushing my teeth but my throat burns and feels horrible.

I walk out of my room to see Connor making eggs.
"Why are you making me eggs for 'dinner'?" I walk up behind him and hug him lightly, looking over his shoulder.
"It's the quickest thing I could think of." He makes a shit ton of scrambled eggs and puts them in a bowl, handing it to me. "Put whatever you want on them, just Eat."

"I know, I know.." I put some salt and pepper on them, and then put cheese on them. "Thanks."
"No problem."

--------

I made this chapter in one day and I'm surprised.
-Chaotic