p r o l o g u e

┌──❀*̥˚──◌─────❀*̥˚─┐

theuglypoetess

p r e s e n t s

└◌─── ❀*̥˚ ──◌───  ❀*̥˚┘

p r o l o g u e

Through the throngs of people, Aidoneus managed to catch a glimpse of the mole in his empire. Livid, he placed his arm on the waistband of his pants, where his gun was tucked. His eyes never leaving the man who had the audacity to betray him. Killing him would be so simple. He could shoot him from this distance, but that would alarm everyone. He didn't mind the fear and the screams that would be inevitable from the people around him once he pulls the trigger but that would mean the police would come and he hates it when they intervene.

His men were right behind him, waiting for his command. But he too was waiting for the perfect timing. The idiot didn't notice them yet, too busy trifling around women. Aidoneus watched as he laughed, he was getting annoyed. Still, he gave this man a chance. Later he would be the one laughing and the useless rat would beg him for his life.

Then the man walked. They followed inconspicuously, blending in the mass of people. He still walked until he left the bustling part of the market, suddenly stopping infront of the tent while looking from left to right as if he was making sure that someone isn't watching him. He went inside the tent. Perfect.

His men followed him. He stepped inside first. He was surprised to find him alone there. The man inside visibly trembled under his gaze.

"Roberto." The voice sounded deadly, lethal even to his own ears.

"Mr. N-Nicolaou." He cowered, hiding behind some empty barrel.

Casually, he strode to where the man was. He took a foldable chair, pulling out his gun he played with it with his hands before taking a seat.

"What would it be now Roberto? I trusted you. I even know your name," he should be well damn honored for that, "but you betrayed me." Aidoneus isn't the type of man to open his mouth and speak. He would always remain serious as he didn't find a reason to speak to anyone but he wanted to know how dare this man betray someone like him. Is he not terrifying enough? He gives horrors and deaths just by his mere name. He was almost amazed at this man for defying him but then that was utter stupidity.

"I didn't m-mean to disclose the ship's coordinates." He turned livid when the idiot mentioned the ship. Lots of guns and ammos sunk beneath the ocean floor. If only he could give commands to fishes too.

"Because of what you did I lost millions." He spoke, his voice eerily calm. From behind him he could feel his men looking at each other. As if sensing this is where the blood would start to spill.

He was the type of man to kill everyone who got in his way. With a single nod from his head, two of his men stepped out and grabbed Roberto in both arms.

"No no. P-please Mr. Nicolaou! I'd do anything! I have a wife and a daught---" His speech was cut off with another of his men gagging him.

He'd spent his whole life torturing those who deserved it and all of their last words were the same. How cruel he was. How he would burn in hell. Damning him for all eternity. But he won't live long, that he knew. His soul was too corrupted, heart too dark and being too fragmented. It was as if for every life that he take, another part of his soul is ripped from him. This was the price he was willing to pay. To punish those who needed it would be a comfort to him eventhough he knew for each time he did it a part of his soul is being burned alive. No remorse. No regrets. No guilts. He would always kill.

The man continued to beg. He was tired of the pleading that he wanted to cover his ears. Slowly, he wiped his golden gun with his coat. It wasn't dirty, but it was a symbol for killing someone new, wiping the non existent blood from before. Holding it, his legs crossed and his face impeccably serious, he pulled the trigger, sending splatters of blood everywhere, leaving the tent painted in red.

What a glorious work.

His work was done. Quickly, he stood up. He would fly back to New York after this. Greece was his birthplace and he loved visiting the place. He found it odd how he only killed one man here. Roberto must be honored.

Stepping outside, the sun hitting his eyes, he fetched for his glasses while strolling as if nothing happened. As if he didn't just shot someone's brains out. The people were busy, no one noticed them even until they reached the car prepared for him.

One of his men opened his door for him. Just as he was about to get inside, his eyes caught ebony hair. He didn't know how he stayed rooted on his spot. But his eyes could never seem to stray away from the girl. But then she turned around, facing him. For a moment, he felt as if he wasn't breathing.

She was wearing a flower crown, her eyes forming crescents as she smiled, it was the most beautiful shade of blue, almost like the color of the sky and sea and lightning, and her smile, her lips. God her lips. She was wearing a white dress as she danced along with little children.

Aidoneus took off his glasses, staring at the beauty infront of him.

She was the most beautiful woman Aidoneus ever laid eyes on.

"Selene!" A woman called.

"Mom!" The girl called back. "Hey," She spoke to the kids. Her voice, it was as if a siren was beckoning him to come closer, to let him feel her. As if proving that thought, his left feet moved, wanting to go to her. He noticed the idiocy that he did. This was madness. He reprimanded himself.

She bent down and smiled to the children apologetically. "I'm sorry I have to go back. I'll bring you cookies tomorrow. How does that sound?"

The children cheered and they said goodbye to her.

"Selene! Our taxi is waiting, the meter's running!" The same woman called, her head poking out of the taxi.

"I'm coming Mom!" And with that she turned away, leaving him.

Selene. Her name was Selene.
And he didn't know, but he wanted her to be his.

And she will be.

🌙

Hi 😊 Please do play the music in every chapter. I hope it brings out the emotions for every chapter that I've written. Also, all chapters are going to be unedited so there would be mitsakes. I'll publish a chapter once I'm done with my other story. Thank you for reading and I hope you support this story 😄❤

-🐧