🌹 t w e n t y t h r e e

She needed to find the phantom. She knew he has the answers as to why her Mother was there. Ignoring Aidoneus' words, she took the elevator from the right wing. Contrary to what Aidoneus allowed himself to believe in, Aiyana knew where the phantom went. She also knew Aidoneus wanted her out of harm's way but it made her mad. She thought they were in it together. She couldn't allow himself to be alone, not now. Now that she's here.

The elevator stopped and came two men she didn't know. But she had a bad feeling they weren't Aidoneus' friends.

She ignored them and pushed herself towards the wall, that way she could see what they're doing as they're standing in front of her, their backs to her. The man on her right side subtly called from his earpiece. His words were too quiet, but the elevator was a wall of silence that night and she'd heard what he'd said. "We got the girl. Standby. 26th floor." His hand pressed the emergency stop button, then the elevator came to a still.

When she saw the man from her left pull out what seems to be a syringe, she immediately pounced towards him catching him off guard from the sudden movement, she swept him off his feet quite literally and stepped on the man's hand. He cried out in pain as he let go of the syringe. She felt herself being pulled back by another man and without any hesitation she grabbed the syringe from the ground and shoved it into the man's neck from behind her. He collapsed, and the other man who was still at her feet and mercy looked at her in surprise and... fear. He looked like he was groveling for mercy. Good. She crouched down a little more until they were both face to face.

"Tell your friends that you're one floor below. Tell them I'm with you." He nodded but Aiyana saw through the act. He not so subtly reached for his gun and before he could reach for it, Aiyana unapologetically rammed his head onto the metal floors. He growled in pain and looked at her with so much disdain. She kicked the gun and took hers, pointing it right at his head, "Either tell them now or..." she didn't finish her sentence but the satisfying click of the safety being turned off resonated through out the elevator. She saw his eyes shaking and with a grunt he spoke to his earpiece, "Plans changed. Meet us at the 25th."

"That wasn't so hard, wasn't it?" She taunted and pulled him up. Damn he was heavy as a pig. She pressed a button and the elevator moved again. Her gun was pressing behind the man's back.

"B-before I die, can I ask one thing?" How polite.

"Of course." Aiyana indulged, he would be dead if Aidoneus or one of his men see him afterall. Might as well grant him his wish.

"Nothing's waiting for them at that floor. Your little boyfriend's men isn't there. I figured you might be wasting their time but they'll know soon enough that they were tricked."

"Who says I'm wasting their time? I'm trying to end it as quickly as possible."

She could see the man's face from the reflection of the elevator. He was confused. "What do you mean?"

"His men might not be there but Aidoneus would be."

The elevator stopped. And maybe the man's heart had stopped too. They went out.

"You're crazy. Sending men to come to your boyfriend, you must want him dead." The evil glint in his eyes told Aiyana how he wished for Aidoneus to die.