🌙 t w e n t y s i x

🌙 t w e n t y  s i x

⚠        ♚        ⚠

Thunder. Lightning. Rain.

Then came the cold. Aidoneus had felt the same coldness before. When he hadn't met Aiyana.

Aiyana.

He jolted awake from the bed. Aiyana. Aiyana. Aiyana. Where was his Aiyana?

The space beside him was empty and was even colder than the atmosphere present around him. He had no idea how, but his heart was restless. Something in him told him she left or that she was gone.

Impossible.

She loved him.

And the letter to his bedside table will prove him right. She was probably leaving a note telling him she was somewhere in the Underground.

The cream paper was folded into two. On its face were the words, Lord Nicolaou.

Aiyana only calls him by his title when she's teasing him. His suspicions rose as he picked up and opened the letter. But there were only ten words inside it. Enough to terrify every single cell in him. Enough to drive him mad.

You took my daughter away. Now I'm taking her back.

His heart pounded loudly, heavily, it was deafening his ears putting the thunder outside to shame.

He kneeled, the sound of his knees hitting the wooden tiles hit his ears the same time the thunder roared. His eyes were lost, heart in fragments, his tears were his voice speaking his undoing eloquently.

And amidst the world rumbling and playing the sound of destruction outside, one man bellowed in grief and anguish. The sound every musician failed to deliver with their instruments. The sound of utter loss.

Aidoneus.

In his grief, he was hearing her voice. No matter how loud the thunder was, still her quiet voice were louder to his ears. Perhaps that's how loud love is too.

Aidoneus.

There it was again. His eyes searched for the source of the voice. Ears straining to hear her again. Because if he doesn't listen, he feared he'd feel even more lost than what he's already feeling inside.

"Love." He muttered in despair, it was so quiet he didn't hear his own voice, what he wanted to hear was hers.

Aidoneus!

Had he finally gone mad? He stood up. Searching for her frantically, holding on to a nonexistent hope. Her voice was louder than the last as if she was speaking in front of him.

Aidoneus! Please wake up! Please.

Wake up. Was he dead? Perhaps he was. He felt as if he died. He must be dead.

Please. Please. Wake up. You're scaring me Aidoneus.

She was crying. He could hear it from her voice. No no no. She shouldn't be crying. He should wake up. If he was truly dead can he wake up just this one time? Just to wipe her tears away?