🌙 t e n

🌙 t e n

Aidoneus observed her reaction. He had no shame to admit it. He'd been telling her he was inlove with her the moment he'd seen her in that white dress and flower crown. But this time it was different. She was finally speaking to him like she doesn't hate him and he just straight blurted his feelings out.

The love of his life. And she's staring up at him now, her face so beautiful it physically pained him to see her, his heart clenching at how near she is. Her mouth opened only for it to close again.

"It's alright love. You don't have to say anything. This situation is unfair to you. I know I've been wrong about taking you and I'm not hoping to gain your affection so fast. I know I have to work hard for it. And I will. And I'm sorry if my feelings scares you, sorry if I'm like this but I'll be better so I could be worthy of you." He didn't know how to speak the amount of thoughts that was in his heart and mind but he hoped what he'd said brought justice to his plethora of thoughts.

"Aidoneus..." He heard her melodic whisper and it was even better than the music that was playing around them. He closed his eyes, his lips quirking up into a little smile. He pulled her closer and she leaned in making him smile wider. They forgot what they were talking about, the music was their only companion both eyes closing at the comfort they brought to each other.

"You said you've never danced before." He started after a few moments of them swaying from left to right, back and forth like the beginners they are.

She leaned away slightly to look up at him. "Yes, I said that."

"But the first time I saw you, you were dancing with the children love. You looked so happy that I wanted to bottle your smile, hide it away and open it for myself so I could smile too." Aiyana stared at him like he just said something so profound. And he wanted to bottle up that look of hers too.

"That wasn't dancing." She snorted to herself and even the sound that he found unattractive to others, he found it endearing coming from her. "That was me playing with the children. I was just..." She trailed off. And Aidoneus knew that look on her face. The realization that she indeed danced.

"You were just dancing my love. You were dancing so gracefully with the children, offering them cookies the next time you see them." He smiled at the thought, remembering Aiyana as he saw her for the first time.

He never felt anything like that before. The invisible pull was intense that he had to stop himself from taking her right then and there. It was as if the whole world had stopped moving and she was the only thing that he could see. And feeling that for a man who never felt anything but hunger for blood and greed for power was... It was unprecedented. A feeling of novelty he didn't know he would love to feel.

He was pulled out from his thoughts when the softest of sounds caressed his ears. Aiyana giggled and his ugly heart thumped a beat more. "I get to give them cookies by the next day and they all loved it." She said, stating it proudly and happily. It pleased him how she easily gets happy by the smallest of things but it also broke his heart because it was a sign of the things she was deprived of. His angel deserved all the good things, hell she deserved all the best things in this world and beyond but it pains him to know she was never given those. "That was the last time I've seen them though." Her tone was now laced with sadness and Aidoneus' heart ached a little more. "Mother didn't allow me to do that anymore. She said it was childish." With a gentle tug, he pulled her even closer and he made her head rest on his chest. He kissed her forehead once.