🌹 e l e v e n

🌹 e l e v e n

It was still raining in Paris. She gazed out through her window and saw umbrellas of different colors littering the busy streets, the headlights of the cars as they make their way towards their destinations, the structures both old and new offering shades to the people inside it, the grey sky blanketed the city of love as if daring and challenging the rain to dampen the mood of romance lingering the gloomy air. Paris' weather was not very friendly today but for Aiyana the weather was a welcomed companion. She felt comforted by the sound of rain tapping against any surface they'll land on. How cruel was it that the rain doesn't have the choice whom to fall for? When the heavy clouds let go of them, they'll fall right where they were. And it made her question if the rain was thankful or displeased by the wind? It will change its course, taking them away from what they know they'll land on. Taking them by surprise, changing their destinations as well as changing what little life they have.

Rain was Aiyana and Aidoneus was her wind. Her life had taken a turn when he took her away from her previous life. Did she have a choice whom to fall for? Looking back at it, her mother had chosen her suitors for her all of which she had politely turned down because she knew someone outside, somewhere far from the life that she's used to, someone was looking for her too. And now, she didn't have to look for that someone, because he came for her.

What was Aidoneus doing to her? She was supposed to hate him. He had taken her away from the life that she's used to know. But was she truly happy in that life? How ironic was it that despite him taking her away thinking that she would be a prisoner and he, her captor, still she had never felt so free in her life. It was like she finally has a choice to make. And... And last night. It was so magical and so surreal she was sure she was dreaming. But the kiss that they shared was the proof that it was real. Her lips still tingled and her heart thudded wildly inside her chest everytime she thought about it. His lips on hers. Standing under the rain while they kissed so passionately they forgot about the time and the world.

She let her fingers dance across her lips as she remembered last night. Aidoneus was a dangerous man. How could he make her feel things she never felt before?

She let out a sigh as she continued to stare outside. Just then, a knock came outside her door.

Aidoneus?

Her head whipped towards it and she almost fell from her chair when she hurriedly got up.

"Ow." She hissed, her little toe got stubbed on the edge of the bedside table's foot she was sure it made a little cut. And it hurt so much. Why was it that the littlest of cuts hurt the most? She was such a klutz. Slightly limping, she walk towards the door.

She straightened her dress last minute and fixed her hair with her hands. Letting out a sigh, she opened the door ready to greet him.

"Aidon---"

"Good morning Madam. Lord Nicolaou wanted to deliver this to you," the maid thrusted out a huge paper bag. To say Aiyana was dissapointed that it wasn't him who greeted her at the other side of the door was an understatement. She missed him. And she didn't know why. But sometimes, the things you don't know the explanation to are the most honest feelings the heart could feel.

"Where is he?" She asked. If he wanted to give her the bag or whatever's inside it, he could've given it to her personally. Then her mind started overthinking. Was he disgusted by the kiss last night? He must have not liked the kiss. He must have not liked her childish attitude when she was playing with the rain. It immediately saddened her.