🌙 t w e l v e

🌙 t w e l v e

It was the late summer. The sun was glowing beyond the horizon as it painted the sky in hues of orange and pink. The lavender swayed with the gentle breeze, the sweet scent enveloping the both of them. Come autumn and these flowers would wilt and fall. Come winter and these flowers would die and fade. Spring was their dawn and cradle. An efflorescing renaissance, the time for rebirth and hope. How cruel was it that the flowers don't get to choose to live with the cold? What if they wanted to? They would never see the beauty of snow nor the abomination it brings. Flowers are such beauty the spring preserved only to be ruined repeatedly by the cold. And what beauty would want to see the very thing that could destroy them?

Winter was Aidoneus and his flower was Aiyana. He'll ruin her and he hadn't cared about that with anyone before. He was always cold and unforgiving just like how winter was. But this time, he wanted to be good. He wanted to be better so he could be worthy enough to be with her. He wanted to be her Spring.

Aidoneus was staring at her. She was prancing around, her hair dancing with the whispers of the breeze, her hands caressing the lavenders she passed by. She looked back at him once, her body turning around to face him. She smiled then and he didn't thought it was possible for someone to outshine the setting sun. But there she was, glowing bright enough to lighten his dark and ugly soul.

He couldn't take his eyes off of her even when she went on to explore the fields. He stood there, gazing at her, fascinated by her every move. She almost blend in with the fields with her lavender dress. But he would always distinguish her from everything, no one in this world came even close to her beauty.

He let her explore to her heart's content. It was no problem to him, he was contented staring at her too. How was she real? Aidoneus could not ever fathom how but he was glad she was here, with him.

"Are you just going to stand there?" Came her voice across him, breaking him out from his lovely stupor.

"I'm quite contented seeing you happy my love." This cause a shy smile to break out from her face.

"You're not going to join me?" Her question was followed by a small frown etched on her face. His heart warmed knowing that she wanted him to join her.

"Do you want me to join you?" He asked just to be sure. There he was, the most feared crime lord in the world asking a girl if she really wanted him to join her in her flower exploration.

"Of course." She replied quickly, too sure of her answer. "Come on!" She enthusiastically waved for him to join her. Her smile was of childish innocence and he couldn't help but smile back.

"How could I say no to that." He whispered as he moved towards her, staring at her eyes much intensely than before.

He was about to hold her hand in his when she beat him to it, dragging him along the lavender fields. She gazed on ahead as she tow him away mumbling words about the lavenders, "Did you know that lavenders actually represents purity, devotion, serenity, grace, and calmness..."

His smile stretched even further than the lavender fields that surrounded them as he listened to her ramble about flowers. Unbeknownst to Aiyana he had picked up a single lavender.

She turned around, still rambling, "And when the Egyptians mummify the dead they used lavender to embalm the corpse with its perfume...."

He kissed the flower once, stared at her when he realized she had stopped talking, seemingly entranced and transfixed by his kissing of the flower. He tucked strands of ebony hair into her ears as he placed the purple flower there, caressing her cheek gently in his large hands as a blush bloosomed to color her cheeks. He gazed into her face, stopping at her eyes and murmured, "Beautiful."