🌹 t w e n t y f i v e

"Is he dead yet?"

"Not yet love."

"Oh. Okay."

Speeding past through the busy streets of Naples gunshots rang, a cacophony of screams and terror serenaded the gloomy night.

This was not how she wanted their night to end but being the girlfriend of the most dangerous man in the world comes with a lot of unexpected contingencies - those she was prepared to encounter. Like danger and blood. And although the risk is high, she was not worried. She even found herself enjoying everything. For the most perilous being there was not the men chasing them but the man beside her.

A zing went past her side. "Shit." She cussed, surprised and shocked. The bullet hit the side mirror on her side of the car, that was close.

"Love, are you okay?" Aidoneus asked as he fired shots at whoever's behind them.

More gunshots were heard, hitting the back of the car. Aiyana ducked but her eyes were fixed on the road.

She let out a crazed laugh, her eyes wide as she focused on the road. "I'm fine!"

"You sure?" Aidoneus was firing his gun from the door of the car.

"Pretty sure."

She could make out two cars behind them. Chasing and firing, their intent was clear. To kill.

The two cars were now either side of them. They were stuck against their assailants. They both had a good look at the cars. As expected, the windows were heavily tinted. Aidoneus reached for the secret compartment below the dashboard to retrieve another gun. He fired with both arms. But all it did was create hair cracks on the windows. What's weird about it is that the cars never fired back at them now and neither did they try to slam their sides to Aidoneus' and Aiyana's car. They have the perfect opportunity to do so but they chose to waste it. Aiyana didn't know if she should feel relieved. Something in her told her that this might be a set up, a plan, a trick that she somehow overlooked. That something could led them to a very very unpleasant outcome, one she didn't even want to think about. Gone were the gunshots. Instead, the whole scene felt like it was a convoy.

Out of bullets, Aidoneus loaded the magazines and without speaking nor wasting time, fired at either side of him hitting the cars directly on their windows. Huge cracks were now beginning to form until the whole glass shattered. But what they saw underneath was only among the strangest things that happened that night.

There was no one inside. Then who was gunning them down? Aiyana looked at Aidoneus to see his brows furrowed, his expression without a doubt grasping and connecting the information in his head.

"Fuck." She heard him muttered.

"Aidoneus?" She couldn't help but ask as she saw the realization dawned on his face.

"These are sui generis cars. They can be controlled by a regulator miles away from its current location. It's built with automated firearms. Someone was shooting at us but they were never in the car." He explained and his eyes searched for something outside, probably the person controlling the cars. But the streets were dark and without their headlights, the visibility was nil.

The streets now began to feel dead. No signs of other cars were seen. The roads were silent. The gunshots had long ceased but three cars were still speeding off towards nowhere.