🌙 s i x t e e n

🌙 s i x t e e n

He meant what he said with every fiber of his being. He wanted so badly to take her but Aiyana is someone whom he wanted to keep for the rest of his wretched life. And if he wanted to do that, he would have to make her love him first. He could still remember the night when she'd given him consent to court her, that consent, the one thing he didn't do and ask for when he'd hastily took her like she was some property he could own.

"Make me happy. Make me stay. Don't prove to me that I'm wrong about me not capable of loving you, prove to me that you're right about you being truly capable of loving me. Prove to me that you love me. Make me love you Aidoneus."

He'll make her love him. He had signed his death certificate when he did. How ironic was it when he should be the one sending everyone to their doom. But here he was, digging his own grave for a woman. And now death was truly after him. Who could have wanted him away from his Aiyana? He only wanted for her to love him. He'd kill them all before they could do so much as touch a single strand in her hair. The thought about his potential murderer was enough to make his arousal deflate. He pulled her closer, letting out a groan and kissing her neck once.

"Aidoneus, I-I'm not mad." He wanted to laugh. She thought he was thinking that she was mad that he hadn't take her right then and there? Aiyana wanted him, Aidoneus wasn't stupid. But he was afraid it was only because of lust. He'll own her heart then he'll own her body and if it takes years to do that then he was willing to wait. "If y-you'll wait for me then I'll wait for you too. Please look at me." Her little plea tugged his heart and when he looked at her her eyes were sad.

"Love? Why are you sad?" He cupped her cheek, caressing the soft skin. She closed her eyes for a moment and when she opened them there were tears in her eyes. Aidoneus panicked again. Was she upset? Why? His cluelessness didn't help him as of the moment. "Hey. Baby shhh. Was it something I did? Why are you sad love? Is it because of me?"

"I'm sad for you." He could feel she was trying hard not to cry. But her answer confused him.

"Why?" He didn't want to hear her answer but it felt like he needed to.

Her hands went to grasp his face. "You think I don't see it? You keep on pleasing me. You keep on making me happy thinking if I'm any of those, thinking that if I'm pleased or happy, I'd hate you less for taking me away. What you don't understand is you keep on making me sad. You keep saying all these pretty things to me and I know you mean it, I could feel it. B-but do you know why I'm sad Aidoneus?" A single tear had fallen off her eye and he reached out to wipe it away hating that it was because of him. He's the reason why she was sad.

Aidoneus shook his head, afraid of her answer. "I'm sad because you were too busy making me feel happy, making me feel cherished, making me feel as comfortable as possible, you were too busy making me feel loved to the point where you had forgotten to love yourself."

He averted his eyes and sit up, not liking the truth in her beautiful blue orbs. Aiyana wasn't wrong but she wasn't right too. He never loved himself to begin with, what's there to forget?

Aiyana followed his actions and sit up across him taking his face in her hands. "Aidoneus look at me please." He did and what she said next almost had his heart failing. "I'm falling for you."

He wanted to shout in joy, jump in happiness but he never did any of those. Now he was filled with questions. His brows furrowed in confusion and if he could see himself he could see how his eyes held so much sadness in them Aiyana desperately wanted to wipe it away. How could she fall for him? He had stripped her off her freedom by kidnapping her. Was she playing games with him? Perhaps she's saying these things because he's the only one she could see, it's not like she has a choice. "I know what you're thinking. I know it doesn't sound true at all. I mean I should hate you right? You basically kidnapped me and here I am saying I'm falling for you? It sounds funny right? And don't you dare think I'm falling for you by default. Just because you surrounded me with yourself doesn't mean I couldn't choose. I could've chosen anyone before Aidoneus, I could've fallen for anyone before but they could never make me feel the way you make me feel. And my whole point is, I'm falling for you but I'm not going to love you completely if you don't love yourself first."