🌹 n i n e

🌹 n i n e

Time seemed to stand still. His arms coiled around hers as if he couldn't let her go and she snuggled closer to his embrace, forgetting the fact that Aidoneus was half naked, her body pressed against his hard one.

She just told him how controlling her mother is, she should be ashamed of herself for talking about the woman who raised her like that but she couldn't bring herself to be ashamed of what she did. Because it was the truth and God did it felt so good to finally let it out. And she was glad Aidoneus listened, that he knew what she was feeling for him to comfort her like that.

And... Why does being so close to him felt so good? So right? She closed her eyes, basking in his warmth, in his tight embrace. The way his arms were wrapped around her small form, his left hand rubbing the sweater clad skin on her back making her sigh inaudibly and how he pressed gentle kisses on her head, tears and her mother forgotten for a moment. Aidoneus' hugs are the best, she concluded.

A drop of water disturbed her tranquil disposition. She looked up and saw that it came from his wet hair, she immediately jerked away from his touch as if she was just aware of how close they are to each other and how Aidoneus was basically standing naked in front of her. His muscular chest and ripped abs seemed to wink at her sending her mind images that was far from innocent, images that would destroy her innocence that is. She shook her head. When did she have unholy thoughts over a man? Apparently now. Aidoneus would put Greek Gods' bodies to shame. Why does he look so good? Why does his body look like that? Like it was made for the sole purpose of seducing humans. And to think she just hugged a body like that. She closed her eyes in embarrassment and muttered apologies. Aidoneus looked at her in confusion then amusement.

"I'm so sorry. You must be feeling c-cold dressed..." she paused. Undressed would be the word, "like that. I-I should leave now." She opened his door without waiting for his reply, too embarrassed to face him.

"Love wait--" He called but she was already locking his door and making her way to her room all the while grimacing to herself. She just assaulted Aidoneus.

Leaning against the door to her room, she clutched at her chest. Heart beating wildly, eyes wide and chest heaving, the image would tell someone that she probably committed a crime. Perhaps she did. She couldn't believe she was feeling him up like that. She shook her head. No. She wasn't feeling him up. She was distracted. Both her mind and heart told her to lean on the person that offers her comfort and Aidoneus was exactly just that and so... And so...

How would she face him after this? She groaned and hid her face in her palms. She had been standing at her door for a while, afraid Aidoneus would come in and remind her about earlier. She straightened her back and scooted away from the door. She got herself carried away when she was telling him about something he shouldn't even know. No big deal.

She grabbed her hair until she felt the roots almost come out from her scalp. Of course it was a big deal! Her mom! God her mom! She shouldn't bad mouth her, she's the only constant thing in her life and she loves Aiyana with everything in her.

As if to make her even guiltier, a memory popped out from her mind.

"You understand why I wouldn't let you out of my sight right?" An eight year old Selene nodded at her mother, her eyes wide and bright blue while her mother braided her hair. She had cried that day when her mother didn't allow her to play with other kids outside. She gazed at them with sad eyes as they played with each other, knees scraped and shirts muddy but atleast they looked happy. Not like her. She was the quiet kid with an overbearing mom and she didn't know the meaning of the word then, if she did she would have told them something mean. Her mother loved her and that wasn't wrong. Her mother told her love is always right.