🌙 t w e n t y t w o

🌙 t w e n t y  t w o

He felt her hands slip past him and he hadn't felt so cold. He sighed as he watched her go wanting to keep her in his line of sight, but before she completely disappeared from his sight she looked back to throw a wink at him. He couldn't help but chuckle. Then she was walking away from him again and then she was gone. Aidoneus sighed, fixed his eyes forward with that same cunning and impassive eyes he had before. He felt alive. Now, for the hunt.

He strode gracefully without him knowing as if he has all the time in the world to catch the phantom. In truth he has. Right before all of the mess blew up, his men were already stationed towards every possible exit. Precaution. Aidoneus takes precautions very seriously. But he had to give the phantom a hand for his bravery. He just handed himself to Aidoneus on a golden platter.

Aidoneus knew not to underestimate his enemies but his enemies seemed not to fully understand one thing about him. His power. It's not to be underestimated. Humans are fools and he would like to be not considered as a foolish creature, he was wiser and more vile than that.

Then he strode towards the phantom, his movement lithe and precise as if he was the ghost himself.

The entire hall was a mess of blood and broken bones, of broken antiques and shattered expectations. Whoever came tonight brought an army but Aidoneus was a legion himself.

He rounded a corner, knowing that the phantom went there. Aiyana didn't saw the phantom's limp form as he staggered towards that area. Aidoneus purposely led her away from the phantom, he wanted to led her towards safety, there, his men awaited her. He didn't want her seeing any more blood tonight. What Aidoneus saw and feel that night when she'd ignored him as if she couldn't hear him, couldn't see him, it was too much. He felt helpless and he hadn't felt that before.

"You know I wouldn't let you go, especially at times like this. But I want you to know, you're in this with me too. I'll take the left wing. Ladies' first?"

Maybe he'd lied about the second sentence but after what he saw, after he felt helpless at seeing her terrified form, he didn't want her to be involved in this. He'd let her soon, but it was still too early, Aiyana needs time to adjust. He understood that. He was mad at himself for putting so much pressure on her.

He heard a click and he was a second away towards death when a gun fired his way. But Aidoneus was quicker, he crouched down while he simultaneously turned around, kicking the masked man on his feet sending him falling on the ground. Aidoneus kicked the gun away and fetched his own so quick the man didn't get any chance to stand up. He fired, shooting for the man's head sending splatters of blood on the clean carpet. What seemed to be a hundred clicks reached his ears. He was surrounded with armed men, he could almost see the image in his head. Atleast a dozen armed men surrounded him, his face and body littered with red dots as they tried to take their aim. Aidoneus counted the men inside his head. 1... 2... 5... 9... 11... There were eleven of them. He noticed one of them had a tattoo on his neck. The same one Aiyana saw on the skinned man. The skull. The snake. The faint noise of a classical music being played by the orchestra reached his ears.

"Where is the girl?" He didn't know who spoke but Aidoneus clearly knows who he was referring to.

"Give us the girl or more blood will spill." Aidoneus would rather die than give her up.

"Let me spill yours then." That was the last thing he said before he grabbed the nearest man by the neck and disarmed him. The other men shot for him but he made his hostage his shield. Bullet flew and the once silent halls were filled with gunshots and maybe a silent cry for help from his hostage. By the time the men ran out of bullets and the gunshots' ceased, Aidoneus' hostage was unrecognizable. Bullet holes filled his entire body. He pushed the body away and took the silence as his chance.