🌙 t w e n t y f o u r

"Are you ready love?" He called from downstairs, his eyes took a glance from his wristwatch noticing they were a little behind schedule.

"Yes yes. I am!" She answered. He heard the doors to their room opened. The heels of her shoes tapping against the wood tiles in a hurried manner made his lips quirk up in a smile.

Aidoneus stood at the bottom of the stairs and when he heard her near him he looked up to see Aiyana. And perhaps his breath had been taken away for a solid moment. She stood there, smiling shyly at him, dressed in a black silky long gown that perfectly hugged her curves, her black furry coat sat atop her shoulders as she pulled it close to her body, he saw the thin straps of her gown for a moment and his desire to take it off caused him to almost lose his cool. She was dressed in all black, her creamy white skin seemed to seduce him to touch her. God. How could one be so beautiful and dangerous at the same time?

She cleared her throat and it was then that he snapped out of whatever fantasies he had. "Love you look so beautiful." He managed to say after a moment, his voice a little more than a whisper as if he hasn't found his voice to speak out yet because of the beauty in front of him.

Aiyana smiled endearingly, her eyes telling him everything he needs to know. She descended the stairs and he held out his hand for her. She took it and wrapped her own arms around his nape, leaning in for a quick kiss. Aidoneus could only stood there.

"You're even more beautiful." She whispered on his lips. He bit her lower lip teasingly and pecked her three more times causing her to let out a giggle. "I thought we were late."

He groaned. "We are. Come on love."

A bark sounded from somewhere. "Be a good boy Spots. We'll be back." Aiyana told the dog as she crouched down and pet its head, his tail waggling from the attention. He barked once as if saying yes. She pressed a kiss on Spots' head as if it was her own child and Aidoneus glared at his dog for stealing the spot light away from him.

"Let's go?" Aiyana asked and Aidoneus took her hand as he nodded, smiling at her.

Almost an hour later, they arrived at the auction hall. There were a lot of people there already. Everyone was chatting, no doubt jesting or trying to make themselves look better than the others.

"Love?" He wanted her attention. Their arms were looped around each other as they walked towards the room.

"Hmm?" She hummed looking straight ahead. She was as usual, being very observant.

"Are you familiar with the 80/20 principle?"

"What's that?" Her eyes were now focused on him, curiosity dancing in those azure orbs.

"That 80% of Italy's wealth belongs to only 20% of the population. Those 20% are currently here." They're here trying to bid for their next collection of artifacts. But Aidoneus was there because he wanted to bid for a present.

"I'm broke Aidoneus. Why am I here?"

Aidoneus bit back a smile. "I'm gonna ask you a question again. Are you familiar with the 1% household?"

She paused, thinking about his question and then came up with a wild guess. "1%? Are they like an extinct household or something? Are they some sort of animals?" This time he couldn't help but smile and he was aware of the people watching them with curious eyes, asking and wondering why in the depths of this very hell did Lord Nicolaou smile when he never did before. The surprise onn their faces was like seeing a dead person alive.