🌙 s i x

🌙 s i x

Aidoneus was torn. He stared at the piece of paper on his desk, his fingers danced across the letters printed on the cream paper from the gaping mouth of the envelope. He had read the same letter many times but he still couldn't figure out what to do.

It was an invitation. One that he couldn't say no to. It was from his former mentor. The closest thing he can call a family. If family meant spending time with someone to plan an execution of another person.

He stared at the letter for some time and by the time he was sure he had memorized every carved detail on the expensive paper and every word etched on it, he came to a decision.

He found himself outside of her room. He hesitated to knock. He would raise his hand attempting to knock only to lower it again. What a coward.

You have killed men in cold blood but you couldn't even ask the girl you love to go out with you?

Exhaling harshly, he knocked thrice. He could hear her footsteps coming towards the door, he had memorized the pattern of the way she walks. It was adorable and graceful at the same time. That even if he would be blinded, he would know it's his Aiyana the moment he hears her footsteps.

He waited for her to open the door and when she did, he finally let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Aidoneus." She breathed. "Hi."

He willed himself to look away from the blush that covered her cheeks and looked into her azure eyes instead. "Hello love." He wanted to speak. Truly, he wanted to tell her to go out with him and accompany him to a party his mentor had organized but he was distracted. His eyes wandered below to see that her sweater had been pulled to the side and the strap of her bra was peeking out. She gazed at him with innocent eyes, not even knowing the effect she had on him. He wanted to...do things. Preferably put the sleeve of the sweater appropriately on her shoulders so he couldn't look at her delicate skin. Such small slip of fabric, too much temptation.

"Aidoneus?" He looked at her eyes and saw confusion written in them. And as if he remembered his purpose for coming, he cleared his throat.

"There's a gala that would be held at Naples tonight," he spoke cautiously, not really knowing how to ask her nor what might her reaction be after this, "it would be a pleasure if you could join me my love." He waited, held his breath and stared at her beautiful face.

"Y-you're asking me to be your partner or something?" The way she said it made it sound like he just asked her to help him with a project in school that was long overdue.

"That and I want to ask you out on a date." Blunt. Fool. She wouldn't say yes.

"Why me?" She asked, utterly perplexed. Now it was his turn to be confused.

"Why not you?"

"B-because I haven't been to any gala before and I don't know how to carry myself." She explained like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You're perfect my love. I would be with you all throughout the party until you'd get sick of my presence." She muttered something in her breath that sounded a lot like, "Doubt it." But he didn't pay heed to it, she was probably cursing him now. But then again, Aiyana is too sweet for that.