🌙 f o u r

🌙 f o u r

The auburn liquid gently swayed as Aidoneus played with his glass. The bitter taste of the scotch still lingered on his tongue as he thought about what transpired that day.

She hates him.

But truly, what did he expect? Bringing a gloved hand to his head, he massaged his temples slowly. The hurt and fear he saw in her eyes was more than enough to make the stones inside his heart crack. He saw a hint of betrayal there too. She'd been nice and beautiful all throughout their short meeting a night ago but he ruined the impression he wanted to make her see of him because he had took her away. He didn't regret it though. As wrong as it sounds, it felt right when she's close with him.

He downed the remaining scotch and gulped down the burning liquid, thinking of ways to make her happy. He didn't and would never want to see her cry again because of him. One look and it sent him running away.

He left her there when she pleaded to take her home because he felt as if his heart was tearing apart one by one as her tears fell down her rosy cheeks. Because he knew, he was the reason behind her tears. He couldn't bear seeing the only good thing in his life cry. She looked so broken and helpless and he despised himself for making her feel that way. Never did she know, he listened to her as she cried herself to sleep. And she would never know how his heart clenched as his own tear fell for the first time in his life while silently listening to her cries of despair.

And now here he was, drowning himself by drinking. He didn't know he could shed a single tear. He never did. Not until today. It was ridiculous and it was a waste of time. It was a sign of weakness. There was no reason to shed his tears before. One would say he was not a human. But was he human now?

Aidoneus believed he was not human. He was a god, a Lord. Someone who stank from the bloods of many. Never vulnerable, never forgiving, never showing mercy. Everyone bows at his feet. Everyone feared knowing his mere name. But here he was, the death, signing his own demise just so he could make the love of his life love him back too.

It was pitiful, really. But never would he, in his lifetime and beyond, give up on making her love him. And if one day, if one day his angel would love him back, he would kneel and weep and promise her to be faithful and love her until death would stab him behind his back looking for his soul.

He had known he was incomplete even before. He had no one to love, no one to love him and that was alright, he had himself. Having people around meant letting them in and the more people you let in, the more who would walk out. He never had any friends. Slaves, business associates, his men, but no one to call a companion. Perhaps Spots would pass as a companion. His dog. The most loyal companion at that.

It was a curse. Him, destined to be alone.

But that was all before. Now that he had found her, he craved for love. And only her could fill that gaping hole in his chest.

A loud scream alerted Aidoneus. The voice belonged to her. His heart started hammering inside his chest. For the first time, he felt this inexplicable fear within him. Without any hesitation, he went and search for her voice, running and looking for her. When he finally saw her, he had stopped in his tracks at the sight. Perhaps his heart had stopped beating for a moment, fearing for her to fall. Fearing for his life to fall.