🌹 t w e n t y s e v e n

🌹 t w e n t y  s e v e n

⚠ ♛ ⚠

"Funny." She replied after a long impregnable pause.

"What's funny?" Aidoneus looked taken aback.

She scrunched her nose and told him, "I thought I heard you say marry me." She imitated his deep voice and then giggled. "Ahh. I could only dream."

Aidoneus let out a big smile which confused her even more. She stared at him for a moment, trying to read him. Then it hit her. "Wait. Did you just--- Was that---"

"Marry me love. I know the situation is not ideal," his eyes roamed her naked body. "I should've asked you while we were out on a date. Maybe on the beachside while the sun warmed our faces as it sets on the horizon. Or maybe while we're walking down the streets of Paris or I don't know--- maybe I should've asked you while you're surrounded with fileds of lavender roses. I should've asked you like a normal person--"

She cut him off once she realized he was rambling because he was nervous. It was cute. "I don't think you get it by this point Aidoneus. We're not normal, are we?"

He grinned. "You're right." He cleared his throat, looking serious again but Aiyana could sense that he was nervous. Like real nervous. She could hear his heartbeat clearly. "So. As I was saying. Will you." He paused. "Uhm. I don't know. You could marry me if you want to. I guess." He almost karate'd himself. That was one way to propose.

Aiyana bit her lip, trying to stifle a smile. Why was he so cute all nervous like this? "Okay. I'd marry you. I guess."

"No. No. No. No. No. No." He was shaking his head.

"You don't want me to marry you?"

"No!" He suddenly jumped from the bed and kneeled in front of her. "Sorry love. You must think I'm weird."

Oh Aidoneus you are. But I love you for it.

"I just want to do this right." Aiyana could see that he was having a hard time. The both of them had never fallen in love before, they were both each others' firsts. And for Aidoneus who only felt anger and greed before, she could only imagine what was going through his head.

"Hey." She sat up and pulled the covers to her chest. Cupping his face with both of her hands, she smiled and kneeled just like he did. "You know what I think. I think you're doing this perfectly Aidoneus. It doesn't matter where we are, what we do, what we're wearing, everything doesn't matter. You could seriously propose after you just killed a rabbit and I'd still say yes to you. I'm not saying that you should kill a rabbit, I'm just saying - everything you do is right because the person doing it is you. You're perfect."

Then there was that look again. Gone was the fear of rejection in his eyes, gone was the nervous and perturbed Aidoneus. The Aidoneus that was in front of her was staring at her with that same profound look in his eyes he had before and Aiyana feared she'd drowned. What he has for her - intense was not the right word for it would be an understatement.

He cleared his throat and looked at her with determination and love clouding his eyes. "Love. Whoever said love is blind was lying. The moment I saw you I knew you were it for me. Despite not knowing what love was I was so sure I loved you that moment. And I was greedy. I wanted to love you for the rest of my life. Allow me to be greedy once more. Aiyana Selene, will you marry---"