🌹 t h r e e

🌹 t h r e e

Darkness. It seemed to be endless. She was surrounded by it. She wanted so badly to open her eyes but she felt lazy to do so. Her limbs felt tired.

"Selene! Your breakfast will get cold. Come downstairs now."

Mother.

"I told you to bring an umbrella. You stubborn girl, now you're having a fever."

Her closed eyes twitched, suddenly aware of the fond memories of her mother and her being brought back by her subconsciousness.

"I love you. If your father is here, I know he'll love you much more than he loves himself."

She felt her eyes water and she wanted badly to wake up and tell her mother she loves her too, that everything will be okay despite her father's absence.

"Selene honey. Wake up. You're late for work. Selene."

Selene. The voice became distant, but she could make out her mom calling for her.

Mom?

"Wake up love." This time the voice felt like a whisper and even though she struggled to open her eyes, she did her best to know where the voice was coming from. It seemed to compel her to wake up, pulling her from a deep slumber, beguiling her to come and see who the voice belonged.

Slowly, her lids fluttered open. She made out a high ceiling but her vision was still blurry. Blinking her eyes for a couple more times, she let her vision adjust and take her surroundings in. Her gaze moved from the ceiling to a closed door. And then her eyes wandered across her.

The outline of a man sitting in a dark room sent dread to her stomach, crippling her body with fear.

She hurriedly sat up and brought the blanket close to her chest. Her heart started beating rapidly and she felt tears pricked the corner of her eyes. She remembered what happened last night. She was afraid and alone with a man who had kidnapped her.

She saw him stand up and slowly approach her. She held up a shaking hand and with all the courage she could muster, spoke in a voice full of distrust and spite.

"D-dont. Don't come near me!" She hated how her voice betrayed her. Fear slithering through her tongue making her stammer in front of this man. A man whom she had a crush barely a few hours ago. She felt disgusted with herself. She had always have poor character judgement and look where it got her now.

"I will not hurt you my love." He spoke, his voice soft and comforting. But in her state, the man who had kidnapped her was nothing but a threat. Nothing in his mouth will come as a comfort to her. He had kidnapped her.

"Why am I here? What are you going to do to me?" The question that had been bugging her slipped through her mouth and she didn't regret asking those. Not even if she will find herself in deeper trouble than she already is. She mentally patted her back for not stuttering. But deep within her, she was a mess. Frightened, anxious and worried. Three emotions that never goes well with each other.

"I apologize if I may seem harsh." He thinks? "But I would never regret taking you away." His voice was gentle. She could see him struggle through his words and tone. Clearly, the man had never once used this way of speaking towards others. She gulped inwardly, afraid of what this man could do to her.