6 - REMOVAL

Unusual brightness and pleasant warmth on my skin woke me up. I opened my eyes to a yellow light that lit the room through the windows. I jumped out of bed and rushed to open one of them. The sun was shining in the middle of an immense blue sky. I took a deep breath, closing my eyelids. That's it, we were finally there! Saturday, August 2, 2008: the first day of our new life. I left my room, running down the stairs, quickly swallowed my breakfast and went up the steps four by four. I grabbed a pair of old jeans and a worn-out red wrap in my closet and rushed into the bathroom. I ran the water from the shower and rushed there. Then I brushed my teeth and went back to my room. Crossing the corridor, I saw my mother coming out of his. I gave him a small wave of the hand without dwelling more on it. However, she knocked on my door.

- Anya, can I come in?

- Yes mom.

- Well, honey! You are early morning! You could have stayed a little longer.

- I know, but I'm too excited. And I have a lot of boxes to finish before the movers arrive.

My room was full of barely filled packaging.

- I started to make some, but now, I just have to find light things to put in, otherwise they will be too heavy.

- You just have to fill the rest with the clothes of your wardrobe, she advised me.

My mother always had lots of little tips to give, even if sometimes they turned out to be disastrous.

- Ah yes ! Not so stupid, as an idea. I had not thought about it, I confessed.

I opened the bottom drawer of my closet, collected my socks and underwear, and filled the boxes next to me. I did the same thing with the second containing belts, scarves and other accessories.

- Well, I leave you, concludes my mother. I will finish packing the dishes in the kitchen.

- Okay. Right away.

My mother was about to close the door when I remembered forgetting to ask her for information.

- Oh, mom! I continued hastily. Notify me when the truck arrives.

- Yes, of course, my darling.

I gave a little smile to my mother, then she slipped away.

Once the drawers were emptied, I went to the closet. I made a brief fold of my clothes and arranged them quickly by filling the holes in the boxes. Then I took charge of the computer. It was necessary to disconnect all the wires and put it back in its original packaging that I had kept. It was the same for my stereo. Once filled, I took the big roll of adhesive, then closed all my cartons, taking care to mark well on each of them their contents.

After an hour, all my cartons were finished and crammed into a corner of the room. I re-checked for safety that nothing was left in the drawers and on the shelves of my furniture. I took a moment to sit on my bed and look at my room one last time. My little blue room. Eh yes ! Blue! During the ultrasound, the doctor told my parents that they were expecting a boy. They had carpeted it in lavender blue. But finally, surprise! It was a girl. So for my three years, they wanted to repaint to give it a more feminine tone with touches of roses, here and there, and create a world of "princess". But I had to insist on keeping that color. I grew up with it and I loved it. The only changes my parents made over the years were to replace the crib with a bed, and add an office. I loved my room as it was, and at the end of seventeen, I still did not tire of it. Unfortunately, it was not planned to bring the furniture. They would be put in flea market. My mother had planned to buy me new ones. "You'll have a real big room," she told me. But she wanted to surprise me. So, I had to take my trouble and wait for the same evening to discover my new furniture, when we are at the villa.