31 - THE DEPARTURE

All the way back to the beach, I gazed at the moon and enjoyed the calm, hearing no strange sound, just that of the waves. Everything was peaceful.

- Finally, everything will have happened quickly enough, I pointed out to Samuel, interrupting the silence.

- I told you we did not have it for a long time.

- But there were many more than expected, right?

- It's true that we did not expect so many vampires, but we ended up defeating them.

On reaching the edge of the woods, a disgusting smell of smoked flesh emerged from the beach.

- What is this smell? I asked, grimacing.

- The remains of the bodies of the vampires who are burning, after dismembering them. But you do not have to attend that. We can wait for others on the parking lot, if you prefer.

- No that will be good ! I whispered.

Mutanimalis had resumed their human form and were all dressed as well. They worked around the fire, throwing inside what must have been the pieces of the bodies of our enemies. The smoke coming out of the fire was yellow, almost opaque.

Allison ran to me and jumped into my arms.

"I'm so happy you do not have anything," she exclaimed. And Chris, how is he?

- We have encountered some difficulties, but he is fine, now.

- You gave him your blood, did not you? she asked me in a small voice.

- Yes how... ? Hold on ! It would not have to do with your vision of that afternoon you did not want to talk to me about?

- Yes, sorry. But I could not tell you anything. Otherwise you would have prevented him from going to fight and you would have been trapped in the cave by three vampires.

"And you did not tell anyone," I thundered.

- No one should intervene, otherwise the course of events would have changed. It was our only chance for everyone to stay alive. And I'm sure Chris will approve my decision, even if he suffered. You knew how to make the right choice by allowing him to feed on your blood. At first, I was scared, because I had only this flash, seeing him drink your blood. Then, I had that of the cave with the torches. And when you talked about this place that you saw in your dream, I went to the scene and saw this cave at the top of the cliff. I understood that I had misinterpreted my vision. So, I later suggested that Ethan take you inside.

- Except that your vision made me doubt Chris' intentions when we entered. I thought it was a trap, since you mentioned this place for the ceremony.

"I'm really sorry," she apologized again.

"You did well," I admitted. I'm sorry for getting carried away. I understand better why you did not say anything.

- We're all alive, it's the most important, she smiled, patting my arm.

- You are right. Thank you for everything.

- By the way, you should call Cédric to reassure him. You promised him! Allison reminded me.

"That's right," I said, reflecting on how she knew it. Another vision?

"No, but I heard you tell him when he left home the day before yesterday," she explained. And ask Roland, at the same time, if he can send a cleaning team.

- Okay, that will be all?

- Yes ! she said cheerfully as she walked away.

I picked up my phone and dialed Roland's number. He picked up immediately.