14 - PREPARATIONS

The following days, I walked around the shops with my mother to buy the appropriate clothes for our little trip in the mountains. Patrick had made a list of products to buy and my mother was sticking to the letter.

On returning from the shops, Gribouille was lurking in front of the window, his ears lying, ready to jump. Trying to look for what intrigued him, I realized immediately that there was a huge raven resting on a branch. It was probably the same I had seen two days ago.

During the weekend, Samuel went to get some news and made sure we did not miss anything for our mountain getaway.

- Are you sure it does not bother your father that we bring the cat?

- Of course not ! You were not going to leave it here.

- Of course not! But we would have arranged to find someone who would like to keep it.

Besides, where is Gribouille?

- I think she's upstairs. She seems to have quickly become familiar with the house, I realized. Go see her, if you want. I have to go put the dishwasher on the road. I'll join you after.

Samuel went upstairs, while I ran into the kitchen.

When I reached the top of the stairs, I heard Samuel speak aloud and ask questions that he did not seem to have any answers for. I assumed he was on the phone. I approached slowly following the sound that led me to my room.

- Me too, I'm like you. At first, it's strange, then we get used to it. There was a pause. Promise me to watch over her, okay? I do not want him to hurt him.

I saw him from behind, squatting on the ground. Then there was a weak meowing.

- I see ! he said in a barely audible voice.

Then he jumped up and faced the door near which I was.

I went to Samuel and found that Gribouille was hiding behind him, snaking between his legs.

"I see that your relationship is improving," I said with a smile.

- Yes. That's it. We are friends now, he said, taking Gribouille in his arms.

- Do I have any trouble making myself? Should I be jealous?

- She is a little too young for me. And then, it's a cat, "he added eagerly. It would have been a panther ..., he taunted me.

I could not help laughing.

Samuel put the kitten down and stared at it for a moment before the cat ran away to the door. Then he hugged me tight and lay on the bed.

- I can not wait to be in the mountains, not you? he murmured in my ear.

- Yes me too. Do you think we'll have the same room?

- That's what's planned. As we were wise on Christmas night, our parents agreed that we sleep in the same room.

- It was kind of a test, as I understand it.

Samuel stifled a laugh.

- My dad does not care a bit. It's more your mother who had a little trouble accepting it.

- Yet, my mother trusts me. We both know that I am reasonable enough.

- I do not think the problem comes from there. It's more because of me. She does not know me that much and she is wary, which is understandable, he explained. And then, nothing should rush, he whispered in my ear. Otherwise, we will not enjoy it so much, "he continued, kissing me.