30 - THE CONFRONT

As expected, the night of the battle arrived. It was nearly twenty thirty. Samuel was at my side waiting for Allison to join us at the villa. Thanks to the complicity of Helene and Roland, my mother was invited to dine at home that day, so that she did not know what we were about to do. And to decline the invitation, I told him that I had planned for several days to sleep at Allison to celebrate the end of our exams. Since I had no idea how long or how long this battle would take, it was better to cover my back. But at least I knew my mother was safe.

Then, Allison appeared on the railing of my terrace, turned into a raven. Samuel hurried to open the French window and the metallic black bird rushed into the room, then landed on the edge of the white armchair.

"We've prepared everything for you in the bathroom," Samuel said as he opened the door to the room.

The raven took off again and passed over Samuel's head to enter the bathroom. Once the door closed, I heard a bone crunch from Allison's body changing.

- Are the clothes hanging on the hanger, which I have to put? she asked from the room.

"Yes," Samuel answered him near the door. You are almost the same size, it should go.

- Yes Yes. It's perfect ! exclaimed Allison. In any case, vampires will not lose track if they spot the smell of your perfume, Anya! she added, laughing.

- I know ! Samuel advised me to wear these clothes as I would usually do. But I admit I may be a little exaggerated about the scent ...

Allison came out of the bathroom, wearing the clothes I had worn the day before so she could spread my scent along a trail which would lead to the beach to attract vampires.

- I hope you do not care too much about these clothes? Allison asked me. Chances are they will be lost once I change on the beach.

- I planned the shot. It is the wrap and the jeans that I wore for my move. I will not cry them if they get torn apart.

- Chris is coming! objected Samuel, sniffing the air. I will join him to see if everything is in order.

Samuel tumbled onto the terrace and down the stairs quickly.

- Here we go! Allison said, slightly worried.

I hugged Allison in my arms for fear of not seeing her again after the battle.

- Above all, no imprudence, okay? I asked him.

- Do not worry, Anya. Everything will go perfectly well.

- I hope so, because I have a bad feeling!

"We can not go back now," she whispered. The die is cast.

- It does not reassure me to know that you will be alone to cross the woods to reach the beach.

- Hey ! she said, taking my hands. Samuel and the other mutanimalis will not be very far from me. My mother and my brother will stay in the air to make sure nothing happens to me, she reassured me then.

I nodded with a sigh.

- Let's hope! I would be angry with all my life if something happened to one of you. You do so much to protect me!

- Anya, we are born to protect humans. It's our duty to watch over you, she comforted me. Even if we are not paid, she joked to give me a smile.

Then she added, resuming her seriousness:

"The only advice I can give you is to do what you think is right. Follow your instinct!

I did not understand what she implied.