28 - THE PACIFISM

After my mother left in the afternoon, I shut myself up in my room to follow Samuel's advice. I lay down on my bed and pulled the top of the bed to cover myself.

I was anxious to find myself alone in the villa, with vampires outside who wanted only one thing: my blood. But I knew that Samuel was patrolling the villa and watching over me. And I even expected him to come back in the next few minutes.

I took my MP3 player in the drawer of my bedside and stuffed the earphones into my ears. I hoped the music would rock me and help me fall asleep. I placed myself on the side, back to the bay window, so as not to be disturbed by the light of day.

After a dozen songs, I perceived a presence to enter the room and sniffed a perfume that was very familiar to me. Eyes still closed, I felt a gentle heat encircle me and warm lips fluttered in my neck. I intertwined my fingers with Samuel's and snuggled against him. He tightened his embrace and I could fall asleep and dream in his arms.

It was dark in my dream. In the distance, a figure was moving towards me, too far for me to identify. So, I took a quick step towards her and recognized Roland, in working clothes, with a folder in his hand.

"Anya, I have good news to tell you," he said with a smile. I know who killed your father.

His voice stretched like an infinite echo.

- Who is it ? I hastened to ask him.

But he did not answer me.

- I beg you ! Tell me who it is, I insisted.

Then, her figure moved away, and I reached out my hand to catch her, but to no avail. Roland was no longer there.

All my hopes seemed to fly away, when suddenly, Chris's huge face appeared to me, followed by that of Romaric and Jeremy. The three faces followed each other infinitely, in the darkness of my dream.

Suddenly, I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling of my room. The room was still bright and I understood then that I had had to doze only a small hour.

- Hello my love ! sung Samuel, sitting at my desk. Did you finally get some rest?

I nodded.

- What are you doing ? I asked, straightening myself up against the headboard, noticing that I no longer had my headphones in my ears, looking for my MP3 under the sheets.

"I put it on your bedside," Samuel added, guessing what I was looking for. You were fidgeting so much that I was afraid you would make him fall.

He took my journal and a calendar with him, then sat in the bed next to me.

- I compared your dreams on the calendar, according to the dates that you entered in your notebook. And I noticed that you had a different dream every new moon. Throughout this moon, you can do more or less the same dream many times. But most of the time, your dream is always more precise during the full moon. That's when there is more detail in your dreams.

- So, I could only make one premonitory dream a month?

- At every change of moon, apparently.

It took me a few seconds to digest this information.

"Unless your gift is still growing and you can make several more each month, see by night," he added.

- Good! If I understand correctly, I will have to note all my dreams every time, in case it would be a premonitory dream? I conclude.

- Only if you do not feel able to remember it every time. But there you will note them to remind them, and no, to forget them.

- Awesome ! I said, not excited about spending time every morning after waking up to write down all my dreams of last night.