17 - THE FORUM FESTIVAL

I had taken a bus line different from the one I usually took to go to town, because I had invited Marie and Mathieu to come with us to the carnival and I had to find them at her place. Once on the scene, Allison and Ethan were already waiting for us at the rendezvous point, except that Samuel had not arrived yet. I thought they'd all come together. But since Samuel had not joined them, Ethan had deduced that he would travel with me.

Only, after half an hour of waiting, Samuel still had not pointed the tip of his nose. I was calling him on his cell phone, he was not answering. Mathieu proposed to start a tour of the fairgrounds to choose the rides we would do later, assuming that Samuel would beeing on our cell phones to join us as soon as he arrived.

But an hour later, he was still not there. Ethan seemed nervous, and like me, began to worry. He whispered something in Allison's ear, then kissed him, and quietly slipped away.

I immediately ran for information from Allison, but she did not seem to understand, either, what was happening.

However, we spent a good afternoon all four, to have fun without them.

Back at the villa, I could not help but call Samuel back on his cell. But this time he was cut off.

Throughout the evening, I was worried about not hearing from him. Exhausted, I decided to go to bed early.

Hardly the door of my room closed, without having time to operate the switch, I felt his presence. He was there, standing near the bay window, set back in the shadows. The moon was in its last quarter. His white glow lit up Samuel from behind, drawing his motionless figure.

We stayed there a long time, eyes in the eyes. I took a few steps towards him to take him in my arms, but he drew back.

- Hold on ! he whispered to me.

His voice was warm and firm at the same time.

He went to the night table where my night light shone. He began to unbutton his shirt, from top to bottom. Was it a way for him to want to be forgiven for his absence in the afternoon? For me, he already was. The beauty of her skin, which I had always dreamed of caressing, appeared. How could one love a person as much as I loved him right now? I wish I could hug him. He walked towards me, slowly. As he advanced, I felt his scent, the scent of his skin. My hand touched his chest. A strange sensation ran through my body. His lips gently found mine in a slight shudder. I felt the warmth of her body against me, her hands in the hollow of my hips. He flinched.

"Not right now," he whispered in his ear.

Feeling peeved, I asked him why, but he did not answer.

He put his index finger on my lips, and he kissed me again, my head between his palms. He tightened his embrace, then kissed me much more passionately. However, I still felt in him, this restraint, as always.

His left hand went down my spine, then into my loins and lifted my tank top. Her other hand went underneath and went back on my bra. I consumed myself entirely. Why had he taken so long to show me the carnal attraction he had for me? Still, the opportunities had not failed, until now. It had certainly taken a long time to allow it.

He pulled off my tank top and I felt his warm breath on my neck. As for mine, he became more and more jerky. He took my arms and positioned them around his neck. His hands went down to my thighs, and they lifted me up against him. I tightened my legs around his waist and he carried me to the bed to put me there gracefully. He kissed me again. I no longer had the strength to breathe. My hands went under his open shirt caressing his back and I felt like irregularities on his skin.

He stiffened for a moment.

- What is it ? I whispered.

Samuel looked at me with apprehension.