Chapter 10

The day was over with before i knew it. All my clients came in on time and i didn't have to worry about Trina or Brandy breathing down my neck about Mike because of how busy they were. My only concern was Mia. She didn't show up for work today and that's not like her. Trina had to cancel all of her appointments and nobody has heard from her. "Have you talked to Mia today?" Trina asked while i was putting my things up for the day.

"No i haven't but I didn't check my phone either because of how slammed we were all day." I told her.

"Hmm ok." she said and walked off.

I forgot that i had my phone charging all day. Now that i have the time to check my messages, i can see if Mia hit me up.

When I turned my phone on i had messages and missed phone calls from her all last night. I also had some from Vonte. Oh now he wants to hit me up.

Bestfrann: Me and Drew leave for 30 minutes and both you and Mike are gone. 10:36 pm

Bestfrann: What time y'all getting back? 11:00 pm

Bestfrann: Well i hope you having fun! Me and Drew about to hit the club 11:45 pm

Bestfrann: Bitch i just had to whip this hoe ass! Drew has a girlfriend! She ran up on me and him at the club and came swinging! 2:30 am

Bestfrann: They called the cops and security wont let me leave. I think i'm going to jail smh 2:49 am

Oh shit! Mia is locked up? Now i feel bad for not paying attention to my phone and having so much fun last night. I started to dial Mike but then i realized i didn't even have his number. When i stepped outside there was a silver Corvette that was parked in front of the shop. Mike rolled down the window. "You ready?" he asked. I guess he sensed that I needed him because he was right on time.

A smile crept across my face when i seen him. "This car is nice. It looks fast." i said when i got in the car.

"It's definitely fast." he said pulling off. I jerked back in the seat because of how fast he pulled off.

My heart was in the backseat as i was riding in the car with him speeding. When he finally he slowed down i was able to get out what was on my mind. "I think my best friend is in jail." I told him.

"I already got it handled. That's why i was at the job waiting for you. Drew called me about 2 hours ago and let me know what happened last night so we went up there and got her out." he said pulling over to a restaurant.

"Y'all bailed her out?" I asked him.

"No i got her out of the situation. It's like it never happened." he said.

"How in the hell did you do that?" I asked surprised. I know that he makes good money and all but how can he just make a charge disappear?

"I know some important people baby girl, don't worry about none of that just know ya best friend is safe and she is waiting on me to take you to her. But first we gonna grab something to eat." he said.

We went into the Italian restaurant and i ordered me a salad because i wasn't really all that hungry.

I'm glad that Mike did what he did to help her but I had a feeling that the conversation that Mia and I were about to have was not going to be a good one.

We finally pulled up to Mia's house. The whole ride there was a quiet one. All I could think of is how the conversation would go between me and my best friend. I got out of the car and Mike followed behind me to the door.

I knocked on the door and two minutes later she came to the door. I took a good look at her and she had a scratch on her face but that was it. She rolled her eyes at me and left the door open for us to come in. She sat on the couch and had her arms folded. She had attitude written all over her face.