Chapter 21

When we were pulling up, I saw that we were at one of Mike's clubs. It was called Diamondz, this club was more upscale and classy. I've only been here once with Mike and it was on business so we didn't really stay long that day.

Mike got out of the limo and walked over to my door to open it. He held his hand out for me to grab it. I took it and he led me to the door. "Are you sure you're ready?" he asked with his hand on the door.

"Yes baby, what is up?" I asked giggling. By this time I know that he has something up his sleeve.

He opened up the doors and the building was dark and empty. I got confused. He led to me to stage of the club, where the bands usually perform. All of a sudden Mike started looking nervous. He cleared his throat, "The first time I saw you I knew there was something about you that I wanted, that I needed. And when we finally touched there was a spark that i couldn't get rid of. It messed me up for days because I didn't know how to get a hold of you and believe me when I say I tried. But once I got the chance to see you again I didn't want you to leave me again or disappear forever. I needed you to be mine. These past 7 and a half months were the best when I'm with you and I don't want that to ever end. Now you are carrying my child, my only child and it's just destined from here on that we should be together. Forever." He said with a tear falling down his cheek.

I started tearing up myself, I was so focused on what he was saying that I didn't realize that there was a spotlight on us. When I looked from the stage there was a bunch of people staring at us like we were putting on a show. When I looked back at Mike surprised at what he has going on, he started pulling something out of his pocket and then he got down on one knee. "Mike!" I said covering my face to try and hide my emotions. I can't believe this is happening to me right now.

"Will you please marry me Takiya Smith, please." he said opening the box he pulled out of his pocket showing a huge diamond ring.

Tears were flowing down my face as I was watching the love of my life propose to me with the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. "Yes Mike, Yes!" I screamed with excitement. He put the ring on my finger and swooped me off of my feet giving me the biggest kiss ever.

The crowd was clapping and screaming, happy that I said yes. I took a look at how the ring looked on my finger and I knew right then and there that I was never taking it off. "She said yes y'all!" Mike said pumping his fists in the air. I don't think I've ever saw him this happy since we've been together. "Let's get this party started." he said into the microphone.

"I can't believe you did this." I said looking at him.

"I can't believe you said yes." he said. "For the last few weeks you've been having the biggest attitude with me, but i want that for the rest of my life." he said kissing me. "Now to get down to the crazy part of all of this, I have some people that I want you to see." he said. He grabbed my hand and walked me down off the stage.

I started taking in the beauty of this place and the decor was on point. This was a glass themed club and the tables were decorated blue table cloths with glass shaped diamonds sitting in the middle with beautiful flowers on top of each one. As we walked pass the tables he walked me up to the next floor. The stair railings were shiny as diamonds covered the whole thing from top to bottom. The way that he had this place was amazing. When we finally got upstairs I instantly seen my two sisters and my aunt.

"Oh my gosh! When did you guys get up here?" I screamed running to them giving all of them a hug.

"We've been up here for a few days but Mike wanted us to be a secret until today." Myra said breaking from my hug.

"I wanna see the ring" Maya said reaching for my hand. "Damn! Big bro done did it up for you sis." she said scoping out the ring on my finger.

"You betta stop all that cussing gal." My aunt Mary said to Maya. "Congratulations baby." she said smiling at me. She gave me a hug and a kiss.