Chapter 1 ~ Adoption Day

Levi's POV

"Wait so you're actually gonna do it?!" Four-eyes practically yelled in my ear.

"Yes, now shut up." I grumbled. For the past couple months, Hanji has been saying how "lonely" I seem and how I should get a dog or something. Obviously, that's too messy. Erwin mentioned adoption, and for some reason that sparked my interest. I wasn't going to adopt some young bratty child, though. I hadn't told anyone, but I had already gone to the orphanage downtown and talked to someone. There was this descent teenage girl I was thinking about adopting. Since today is Saturday, I thought it'd be a good day to bring her home.

"Agh, I can't believe it!" Hanji continued. I rolled my eyes and packed up my stuff.

Time skip

"Hello?" I called through the old, antique house.

"Oh, hello there, Mr. Ackerman." Mrs. Katie, the orphanage's owner, came down the stairs. "Is today the day?"

"Yes, ma'am." I nodded. To be honest, I was a little excited but nervous. What if I mess this whole thing up?

"Okay, well just sign these last documents and I'll go tell Luna to pack her stuff." She handed me some papers and returned upstairs. After about ten minutes, Mrs. Katie came back down with a small, pretty girl. She kind of hid behind Mrs. Katie and gripped her suitcase in her hands. I guess she doesn't have much stuff.

Luna's POV

I looked over Mrs. Katie's shoulder at the man in the living room. He was short with black hair and piercing grey eyes. He didn't look too happy. "Luna, this is Mr. Levi Ackerman." Mrs. Katie said. "He wants to adopt you."

WHAT?! ADOPT ME?!?! Hold on, this can't be right. "Mrs. Katie, I told you how I feel about fostering." I whispered to her and she just laughed.

"He doesn't want to foster you, Luna. He wants to adopt you." She said. My heart was racing and my mind was full of so many questions. Why? But who is he? Does he know me?

"I'm not going to bite, you know." He said and came up to me. Mrs. Katie grabbed some papers and left the room. "My name's Levi." He held out his hand.

"I-I'm Luna." I nervously shook his hand. The atmosphere was awkward until Mrs. Katie came back in.

"And you're all set." She smiled. "I'm going to miss you, Luna." She pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm going to miss you, too. Thank you for everything." I said. She nodded and Levi grabbed my suitcase out of my hand. "O-Oh, thank you, sir..."

"You can just call me Levi. Let's go." He said. I nodded and quickly followed him out the door. Woah... is that his car?!

Parked beside the street was a sleek, black Mustang, oddly fitting Levi's appearance

Parked beside the street was a sleek, black Mustang, oddly fitting Levi's appearance. "What's wrong?" He suddenly asked me.

"N-Nothing." I quickly got into the passenger seat.

"Are you hungry?"

"No, sir- I mean, Levi." I corrected myself.

"Do you feel okay, Luna?" He put a cold hand against my forehead. "You're warm."

"Yeah, I-I'm fine, just nervous."

"Mrs. Katie said you were a bit shy." He said. "Well we're going to the mall to get you some stuff, so don't hesitate to tell me whatever you need, okay?"

"Okay." I nodded and looked out the window, watching the orphanage fade in the distance.