Chapter 21 ~ Holidays

Luna's POV

The holidays always seem to go by fast to me. Even though I'm with Levi this year, it still seemed that way. However, it was nice having an actual family to spend Christmas with.

Due to Kuchel's health, we spent Christmas with her in the hospital. Levi and I cooked a lot of food and brought her a plate. Without him knowing, I had actually gone up to the hospital earlier and talked with Kuchel about buying Levi a birthday gift. We thought since he has to wear suits to work all the time that we'd buy him something to switch it up. Instead of a tie, I picked out a pristine, white cravat. I think he really liked it.

Now we were having the big New Years Eve party Hanji had planned at our house. She basically broke in during the early hours of the morning to start decorating. She invited basically the whole school. Now we still had a little less than a hour until the new year is here.

"You look really nice." Eren blushed as we danced slowly to a song.

"T-Thanks." I hid my face with my hair.

"Stop that." Eren pushed my hair back and embraced me, still slowly swaying to the music.

"It's almost here!" Sasha exclaimed as she watched the TV's countdown intensely.

"Where's the confetti bombs?!" Hanji ran around the house even though Levi threatened her within an inch of her life if she brought those.

"You know, Luna..." Eren pulled away but kept his hands on my waist. "You... You're so amazing." He chuckled. "I love you."

My heartbeat quickened as he said those words for the first time. "I love you, too." I smiled one of the biggest smiles of my life. He grinned too and leaned his forehead against mine.

"5!...4!...3!..."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and stared into his beautiful turquoise eyes. Maybe it was the new year, or maybe all the lights, but his eyes seemed to be shining even brighter than normal tonight.

"Happy New Year!!!"

Eren smirked and pulled me into a warm, slightly awkward kiss, our first kiss. When we finally had to separate, I picked off some of the confetti in his hair. Levi's gonna kill her...

I internally grimaced but chuckled at the thought and started to feel a vibration in my pocket. "Who's that?" Eren asked. I looked down to see that I had grabbed Levi's phone and put it in my pocket by accident.

"I'm not sure." I saw the unknown number and answered it. "Hello?"

Levi's POV

I looked out over my small balcony as everyone celebrated inside. It was nice weather tonight and surprisingly peaceful. That is until multiple fireworks in the distance started going off. They were pretty, though. I let a small smile slip onto my lips.

I looked away from the sky as I heard soft footsteps behind me. I looked to see Luna with glistening eyes, holding out my phone. There it is. "L-Levi, it... it's your mom..."