Chapter 34 ~ Dad

Time skip- I year

"So I am proud to present, the Titan High class of 2021!" Erwin's loud voice came through the speakers. Everybody in the crowd clapped and cheered as we all flipped our tassels and threw our graduation caps into the air above us.

Tears brimmed at the corners of my eyes as I smiled one of the biggest smiles of my life. As I watched my hat twirling in the air and coming back down to me, I couldn't stop my mind from reminding me of various special events that have happened to me in my life over the past year and a half.

Flashback

"He doesn't want to foster you, Luna. He wants to adopt you."

"My name's Levi."

"Ahaha, sorry about that. I'm Hanji!"

"Sorry again for pushing you last week. I'm Eren."

"I do, in fact, have a daughter."

"You know, I've always wanted grandchildren... Please, Luna, take care of my baby."

"Listen, I really, really like you, Luna."

"Well, it was nice to meet ya, kid."

"Now I'm afraid because I don't want them to start targeting you... I... I can't lose you, Luna..."

"Happy Birthday!"

"Just give me my daughter back."

"From today, I'll be training you on how to defend yourself."

"Well, I figured if you wanted to become a vet, you should get some experience first."

"I love you. You're so amazing."

Flashback end

I caught my hat and laughed as I could hear Hanji's screams above the rest of the crowd's. I hugged my friends tightly as Eren made his way over to me. He had tears in his eyes, too, and immediately pulled me into a sweet kiss. I smiled into the kiss as I played with the promise ring on my finger. I wrapped my arms around his neck as we both stared out at the audience of our beloved families and friends.

Right in the middle, I caught sight of Levi slowly clapping and smiling proudly at me. Lance stood at his side on a leash and barked happily at me. Levi was able to bring him because this was an outdoor graduation.

I smiled as I was filled with gratitude. All of this started because of Levi... I smiled back as I mouthed the most simplest of words to him.

I love you... Dad.