Chapter 12 ~ Feelings?

Luna's POV

The next day Eren and I had cleaning duty together after school. We usually had chores to do each week. Right now we were just talking while listening to some music.

"So if you don't mind me asking, what exactly happened with your parents?" Eren asked. I stopped my sweeping and stared out the window. "You don't have to answer."

"When I was just a baby, my parents were killed in a car crash." I said softly. "My older brother Jackson and I were then sent to an orphanage. We were in and out of foster homes, until he got adopted when I was twelve. One night he was walking back home a-and, he was shot." My hands shook around the broom as I tried to hold back my tears. Even if it's just an overview, talking about this stuff makes me emotional. "I continued living in the orphanage until a month ago, when Levi adopted me."

Eren came over and listened intently, seeming to hold back his own tears. "There were times when..." I continued. "I felt like there was something wrong with me. I was the oldest at the orphanage after Jackson. Nobody seemed to want me."

"We do. We want you, Luna." Eren gently hugged me.

"I was just... so relieved when I met Levi..." I sniffled, my tears now sliding down my face. "And then I came here, and met even more amazing people who made me feel accepted and special."

"We're always here for you, Luna." He rubbed my back. "We love you. I-I..." I pulled back to look at his beautiful turquoise eyes, those eyes that first attracted me. The first thing I saw of him. We stared at each for a few seconds, my heart starting to have this tingly feeling.

He's the first one I met here... They've helped me more than they'll ever know. Now he knows my story, and how I got here.

The moment was suddenly ruined when my phone started loudly ringing. I snapped out of it and hurried to my backpack. "Hello?" I picked it up.

"Have you left the school yet?" Levi's voice came through. I checked the time to see it almost 5pm.

"I-I'm sorry! I'll leave now." I told him and hung up the phone.

"Was that Levi?" Eren asked.

"Yeah." I grabbed my stuff. "I'll, uh... see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, bye." He said, his ears red. I rushed out to my car and drove home, my heart beating quickly.

Why am I feeling this way? I've only known him a month, but yet, he makes me feel all warm inside. I had never felt this type of feeling before. I never had the opportunity to in the orphanage. Do I... have feelings for Eren?

I eventually pulled up to the house and went inside where Levi was already preparing dinner. "Sorry, I had clean up duty." I said.

"It's fine." He replied. "With Jaeger, I presume?"

"M-Maybe..." My face got hot at just the mention of his name. I heard Levi chuckle under his breath, causing me to look at him in confusion.

"Go set your stuff down. Dinner'll be ready in a minute." He said.

"R-Right." I walked up the stairs and to my room, immediately catching a reflection of myself in the mirror. My cheeks were flushed and my hair was a little messed up from rushing around.

I think...

I like Eren.