Chapter 3 ~ New Friends

Luna's POV

"Luna." Somebody gently started shaking me. "Wake up, Luna. It's morning." I groaned and slowly opened my eyes. At first everything was unfamiliar until I remembered what all happened yesterday. "Good morning, Luna." Levi said.

"Good morning." I yawned.

"We're leaving in 45 minutes for breakfast." He said. I nodded and got out of the bed to start getting ready. I went to the bathroom to brush my hair and all that stuff then applied some normal makeup. I never really went full out with it.

I opened my closet to see all the new stuff we bought yesterday. It's been a while since I've worn something nice... Let's go with that.

Cute, I thought to myself

Cute, I thought to myself. I grabbed my stuff snd headed downstairs where Levi was waiting for me. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded and we went outside to the car. He unlocked it and held the door open for me.

"Thank you." I blushed. He got in on his side and we started driving. "So, um, who exactly are we meeting?"

"Their names are Erwin and Hanji." Levi answered. "They're good friends of mine. Erwin is the principal of Titan High while Hanji is the science teacher. Mike teaches PE but he couldn't come."

"Oh, okay." I looked out the window and we pulled up to a local breakfast place. We walked inside and a pleasant aroma filled my nose.

"LEVI! Over here!" Someone yelled. I turned to see a brunette with glasses waving her arms around like a madman while a taller blonde with huge eyebrows tried to calm her down.

"Brace yourself." Levi whispered and we made our way over to them.

"AGH, YOU'RE SO CUTE!!!" The woman, who I'm guessing is Hanji, squealed and tried to run over to me. I gripped Levi's sleeve and hid behind his shoulder.

"Stop it, Four-eyes, you're scaring her." Levi held out his hand in front of Hanji to stop her.

"Hey, Luna." A deeper voice said. I looked up to see the blonde man holding out his hand to me. "I'm Erwin, it's nice to meet you."

"Y-You too..." I shook his hand while keeping my other on Levi's sleeve.

"Are you calmed down yet?" Levi asked Hanji. She took a deep breath and nodded.

"Ahaha, sorry about that. I'm Hanji!" I gingerly shook her hand. The waiter then led us to our table. I sat with Levi across from the other two in a booth. "So how are you settling in with this grumpy grump, Luna?"

"Um, good I guess." I answered. "It's a whole different environment than before."

"Levi may have already told you but we'll be at your school every day if you need us." Erwin smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled back.

"Levi I can't believe that you adopted such a sweet, adorable girl." Hanji said.

"Shut up, you brat." Levi rolled his eyes.

"What does that mean?" I asked nervously. Did I do something wrong? Is there something I should know?

"Oh, nothing, sweetie. Levi over here is just a touch one to crack." Hanji said. Levi made some kind of "tch" noise and then our food came. I just got pancakes, nothing special. Halfway through the meal Levi got up and went to the restroom. "Hey, Luna." Hanji said quietly.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Can you do us a favor?" Erwin asked.

"Um, sure."

"Please take care of Levi for us." Hanji said. What? "He's had a hard life, and he's come a long way. I know he may seem cold and heartless, but he's got the biggest heart you'll ever see."

"I kind of thought that, he didn't really seem like a mean person." I said.

"Who?" Levi suddenly returned. 

"No one! Nothing!" Hanji tried to cover up. Real smooth.

The rest of breakfast went good and then Levi and I returned to the house. He showed me around outside where he had a huge backyard and swimming pool. Since it was still summer, that would definitely be fun.

We ate lunch at the house then Levi even took me out for ice cream. Everything was still a bit new to the both of us but we'd get more comfortable and familiar eventually. When evening came we ordered pizza. "What movie do you want to watch?" Levi asked me.

"Anything's fine with me." I said. "I do like Disney, though."

"Okay, how about... Mulan?"

"Sure." I smiled and we settled down on the couch to eat and watch the movie. I enjoyed the movie but about three-quarters of the way into it I fell asleep.

I eventually woke up and felt myself going up the stairs. I cracked my eyes opened to see Levi carrying me. "Go back to sleep." He said softly, noticing that I was awake. I leaned my head on his chest and closed my eyes again. We made it to my room and he laid me down on my soft bed, tucking me in.

"Thank you." I mumbled and started to drift back off to sleep. I then felt his lips peck my forehead and he cracked the door closed.

"Goodnight, Luna."