Chapter 14 ~ Halloween Confessions

Luna's POV

I checked over my costume for the millionth time as I finally finished getting ready. Titan High was hosting a Halloween event for kids with lots of games and trick-or-treating. Eren and I were paired up to run the ring-toss booth. We had thought about it and decided coordinating our costumes. We were going as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. I had finally came to grips and realized that I do, in fact, have feelings for Eren, so I was really nervous about my costume.

"You look cute, now go

"You look cute, now go." Levi said, leaning against my doorframe. I nodded and grabbed my stuff, heart beating a little fast in my chest.

Time skip

I eventually made it to the school and walked around, admiring the decorations snd everybody else's costumes. Armin was a coconut, Mikasa was a ninja, Sasha was dressed as a potato chasing Jean around with a horse mask. Ah, just a normal day at Titan High.

"Luna!" A voice called out. I turned to see Eren running up to me in his costume.

"W-Wow, you look really nice

"W-Wow, you look really nice." He stuttered.

"Thanks... y-you too." I blushed. We stood there for a few awkward seconds before Hanji came through and announced that we should all get to our stations.

"Did you ever go trick-or-treating as a kid?" Eren asked me.

"A few times." I shrugged. "I was usually put in charge of taking all the little kids out instead."

"Oh..." He frowned, but suddenly smiled creepily.

"Eren-" I started cautiously.

"Nothing." He smiled at me normally. I looked at him and slowly turned around, focusing on the game.

Time skip

After a few hours, our last visitors came through and we started cleaning up. Everything went pretty well and Eren and I had a great time. I did have to bundle into my cape when it got cold, though. "You're not leaving yet." Eren jogged up to me.

"Huh?"

"We're going trick-or-treating!" He said. "You have a basket. Let's go!"

"Isn't that for kids?"

"How many times has your dad called us kids?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Good point." I shrugged. He smiled and started walking. "Where are we even going?"

"Dunno." He looked around. "Hey! Downtown!" He grabbed my hand, making my heart race, and we walked along the streets filled with fake spider webs and ghosts. Eren basically forced me to ask the vendors for candy or prizes. It was a bit embarrassing but it felt nice getting to experience events like this.

"I think I have enough." I said, my basket and pockets overflowing with candy.

"Fine." Eren sighed. We continued walking around the block, enjoying the cooler weather and fun atmosphere. "So..." He said. I looked over to see him slightly blushing and looking off into the distance. "Um..."

"Are you okay?" I put the back of my hand onto his forehead. He only got redder.

"Listen." He stopped and held both of my hands. He took a deep breath and looked intently at me. "I really, really like you, Luna. I've probably had feelings for you since the day we met." He confessed. "You're just so amazing, and such a strong person. I understand if you don't-"

"I like you, too!" I said a little too loudly, completely unlike myself. "I like you too, Eren." I smiled.

"Oh good." He sighed in genuine relief, making me chuckle. "So, do you think we can maybe go out sometime?"

"I would love that." I smiled.

"Great." He pulled me into a hug, shielding me from the cold. I wrapped my arms around him and listened to his quickened heartbeat.

"Wait! What about Levi?" I asked.

"I got his permission." Eren said.

"But... how?"

"I honestly don't know." He chuckled and kissed my cheek. "But he's probably waiting on you."

"Yeah, that's true." I shrugged and he put an arm around my waist, leading me home to Levi.