Chapter 13 ~ Permission

Small time skip to October🎃

Eren's POV

He's gonna kill me, he's gonna kill me, he'a gonna kill me... I breathed in and out through my noise fast as I stood in front of Levi and Luna's house. It's been a couple months now, and my feelings for Luna have only grown. I think she likes me back, but I don't know for sure. That's why I'm here right now, to at least get permission to date her.

Mikasa had invited Luna out to go shopping, but she doesn't know anything, neither does Levi. My phone then buzzed with a text message.

Mikasa🧣: I know you're hesitating. Just do it.

I sighed and straightened my clothes. I slowly reached up and knocked on the big door. I waited about a minute before it swung open. "It's about time. I was about to kick you down the stairs." Levi said.

"U-Uh... Hi, sir..." I stuttered. Get it together, Eren!

"What do you want?" He leaned against the door.

"Could I talk to you?" I managed to look him in the eye. He looked me up and down before stepping aside to let me in. I followed at a safe distance behind him and sat in one of the chairs across from him.

"Let me guess." I crossed his arms. "This is about Luna."

"U-Um, yeah... I mean, yes, sir!" I sighed. "I... really like her, sir. She's so amazing. I know she means a lot to you, too, obviously, but... I was just wondering if I could have permission to date her... sir." It was silent for a minute before he replied, making me even more anxious.

"You're right." Levi finally said. "She is amazing, and she does mean a lot to me. I love her as if she were my own flesh and blood. But that means I can't just hand her off to just anyone." I knew it.

"I see-" I sighed.

"But." He cut me off. "You're a good kid." Wait... what?! "Even if you are a brat and have a crazy sister that's also my cousin, you're... not horrible." He seemed pained to say those words.

"So does that mean-?"

"I'm not done." He glared at me. "You better respect her, and treat her like a queen. I expect you to protect her, and love her. And if you ever break her heart, I'll break you."

"R-Right..." I looked away from his darkened eyes. "So... I have your permission?"

"I guess." He sighed.

"Thank you, sir!" I jumped up and held my hand out to him. He looked at it in slight disgust before quickly shaking it.

"And I don't know for sure, but Luna may have feelings for you, too."

"Really?" I slightly blushed.

"She's always talking about you all from school, especially you. She-"

"I'm home!" Luna's voice suddenly came through the house. "Oh hey, Eren." She smiled.

"H-Hey." I stuttered. Levi smirked at my flustered state and walked out of the room.

"What are you doing here?"

"Umm, nothing." I scratched my head. She looked at me in confusion. "Yeah, nothing! I'll see you Monday!" I sped-walked out of the house and tried to calm my breathing.

Well that ended on a weird note.