Chapter 30 ~ Training

The next few days after Erwin and the police rescued me, I was allowed to stay home from school to recuperate. Levi, of course, went into helicopter-dad mode and insisted on driving me to and from school for a week when I did go back. There, everybody was so welcoming and happy to see me. I don't think Eren let go of my hand at all that first day.

But now all we have left to worry about is the court trial in a few days. I was a little nervous, but I knew who was in the wrong and hopefully this will end the Titans once and for all.

"Hey, Sweetie." Levi slightly smiled as I got into his car after school.

"Hi." I smiled back.

"How was school?"

"It was fine. I have some stuff I have to catch up on." The teachers were pretty understanding when I came back to school, so I didn't have too much to worry about doing.

I gazed out the window and lost track of time. I didn't even realize that we weren't home until the car stopped. "Why are we at your work?" I asked Levi as I read the building's huge sign.

"I have to show you something." He said and led the way into the building. It was my first time being being in the Survey Corps Company. It was huge and very modern-looking. It was also very slick and unsurprisingly clean. I blushed in embarrassment as Levi closed my mouth that was hanging open at how beautiful the place was.

I followed Levi down a stairway and into a hallway. He opened the last door to reveal a fully equipped work out room loaded with weights, a treadmill and various other exercise equipment. "This is nice." I looked around the room. "But why are we here?"

"This is where I come whenever I have free time." Levi walked around the room. "From today, I'll be training you at least one hour every day on getting stronger and how to defend yourself."

"I really appreciate it, but do you have time for that?"

"You are my first priority, Luna." Levi said seriously and I decided to drop the matter. He then picked up a gym bag and tossed it to me. "Get changed. I'm gonna warm up."

Time skip

"Come on." Levi smirked down at me as I laid on the floor breathing heavily after our first training session. Why did I expect this to be easy? I'm gonna be so sore tomorrow.

"Whatever." I playfully rolled my eyes and slowly got off the ground.

"You did pretty good for your first day." Levi commented.

"Really?" I asked hopeful. Levi knows first-hand what dangers are out there, so he should be able to train me perfectly for them.

"Yeah." He ruffled my hair. "Now let's go home, everybody else has already left."

"Right." I smiled and happily, but tiredly, followed him out of the building.