Chapter 18 ~ Panic

After Thanksgiving, Kuchel's health suddenly dropped. She was moved to ICU for a few days before finally getting back to her normal room. I could tell it upset Levi quite a bit but I'm not sure what to do because he always tries to hide his emotions. I made sure he knew I was there for him, but it's only going to get harder from here. She's unfortunately going to pass away soon, the doctor said.

"Eren! You still didn't do the laundry." I could hear Eren's mom complain through the phone.

"Ah! I'm sorry!" He quickly apologized. "I got to go, sweetie."

"Okay, have fun." I chuckled and hung up the phone. I laid my head down on my bed and listened to the rain hit against the window. It had been pretty dreary this week.

I closed my eyes and slowly started drifting to sleep. I was almost there when I heard a loud thud from down the hall. Curious, I crept out of my room. I walked until I heard something like mumbling and gasping.

I carefully opened Levi's door to find him disheveled on the floor against his bed. He was violently shaking and sobbing while clutching his chest. "Levi! Hey!" I quickly ran up to him and grabbed his face. He flinched from surprise and seemed to come to a little.

"Go to bed, Luna." He softly whispered.

"No, you're not okay." I placed my hand over his chest and felt his heart racing extremely fast. "Levi I think we need to go to the doctor-"

"No!" He yelled, scaring me a little. "You need to go. You'll all just get hurt."

"Levi what's going on?" I asked, scared and confused. I sat beside him and held him next to me. He surprisingly relaxed and laid his head on my shoulder.

"Why..." He mumbled. "Why does it always have to be like this...? Why does everybody die?"

"What are you talking about, Levi?" I urged him to speak further. Maybe talking about it will help him feel better? Maybe I can help?

"First Isabel and Farlan, then all my team..." He mumbled, still a little under the influence of his panic attack. "And now... everybody just dies..."

"Can... Can I help?" I hesitantly asked. I want to help, but I don't want to push him.

"Yeah..." He nodded, seeming surprised by his own words. "I... have some stuff to tell you, Luna..."